Technical seicento mpi ecu reset bad mpg

Currently reading:
Technical seicento mpi ecu reset bad mpg

I got told by fiat themselves to rest the ecu you have to get it very hot and rev it to 5 k and release 3 times

Disconnecting the battery will clear fault codes but as seicento sam has pointed out to reset the ECU rev the car to 5k (some say 6k) let it come back to tick-over then do it twice more.
The ECU relearn takes quite some time so you really need to drive it for a long period at all speeds/engine loads- not thrashing the be-jasus out of it & expecting it to be perfect.
Chances are an air leak is causing the lumpy idle/bad MPG so resetting the ECU won't fix the problem, but you've already been told this.

CP, grab an ELM327 for about a tenner, download EOBD Facile (free) on your laptop or netbook and you have realtime monitoring...

Works on loads of other motors too, best tenner you'll spend in a while.

My 327 is an ancient tin box, all the new ones seem to be fancy plastic coloured and some are Blue tooth affairs. I'd go for a wired version myself, there are so many revisions and plenty of fakes (I'm sure mines fake but it works great) so just make sure you buy one from a UK seller.

http://www.outilsobdfacile.com/download-software-elm327.html

I'm certain the Fiat specific one is great too, but it seems you need to spend a bit more on connectors and such.

Back