Technical Seicento mixture

Currently reading:
Technical Seicento mixture

Hi to you all

I wonder if anyone has any ideas on a little problem I am having with my Seicento.

I bought it recently off e bay for a few pounds with a blown head gasket. Replaced the head gasket and timing belt and it started up immediately and has done so since on a number of occasions. It seems to run rich though when it has warmed up - it hunts with a rythmic increase and decrease in revs at tickover. It runs ok but just feels it is holding back a bit when you give it welly. I have checked all the pipe and electrical connections but can't find anything loose or hanging off.

It was gunged up big time from the head gasket failure.

Any ideas on what to check or tests that I can carry out?

+1 for an answer to this.

I seem to have a similar issue which is preventing a new MOT being issued.
Same symptoms...lumpy tickover but seems fine once its motoring.
However,fuel consuption has been a little high.
I,ve done a lot to my car since I bought it at the tail end of last summer.

I,m going to stick a load of carby cleaner down the throttle body and remove the cold start unit on the side of the throttle body,indicated by a little arrow when air cleaner has been removed.
Clean that with carby cleaner and stick some more cleaner in the hole left by removal of the cold start unit.
I will then turn the ignition to prime and leave it for a count of 30.
Turn ignition off and refit the cold start unit.

However,I am open to any other areas to check or replace.
My car is nearly ready for the road,just failed on HC for the MOT.

RALPH

Thanks for your thoughts - I wondered about the lambda sensor or the water temp sensor. Would either of these have the effect being experienced do you reckon?

Sorry to be thick but how do I check the water temp sender with a meter - what reading should I get? I'll also check the timing to make sure that is spot on. Then lambda I guess if still no better

I,ve replaced my Lambda with a brand new one with no obvious results.
Will check timing belt and the hose from MAP sensor.

RALPH

Thanks guys for all your help. Took the car for its mot this morning fearing the worst on emissions but it was fine. I think the timing is out so will check that this weekend and let you know the outcome

I,m still waiting for my friend with the ramp to leave hospital.
I,m hoping my timing belt IS out.
That would actually be an easy fix,considering how much this car likes to fight me at every turn.Namely,its just developed crank oil seal leak!!

RALPH

I,m still waiting for my friend with the ramp to leave hospital.
I,m hoping my timing belt IS out.
That would actually be an easy fix,considering how much this car likes to fight me at every turn.Namely,its just developed crank oil seal leak!!

RALPH

know you pain i'll got an oil leak i'll got no idea where it is! Soon is bumper off time and check everything!

Ming

OK finally sorted the problem. I had timed the crankshaft pulley against the split between the block and the sump - not right. So it was out by a couple of teeth - surprised it ran as well as it did. Anyway, read the manual properly and got it sorted this morning and now it is running brill. Thanks for all the ideas. Hope you get yours sorted Ralphtown.

Well my mechanic friend with the lift has just had a prostate op and will be laid up for at least 2 weeks.
I,m hoping that the timing belt has jumped...fingers crossed.

As for leaks,I,d have the engine cleaned,then run it and look carefully for the leak.
You could be chasing that around forever.

RALPH

Back