Technical Seicento key, can it be copied?

Currently reading:
Technical Seicento key, can it be copied?

LanciaMad

Established member
I have seen adverts for key cutters who can cut a key and using the old one program it as well. I have a 2001 seicento mpi (non red key version), can I get an extra key cut, or is there anyway around it?

LanciaMad said:
I have seen adverts for key cutters who can cut a key and using the old one program it as well. I have a 2001 seicento mpi (non red key version), can I get an extra key cut, or is there anyway around it?

The MPI have all the immobiliser codes within them so you cant go into timpsons etc and get a key cut.

I would imagine you could get a new one at fiat but they will probably charge quite a bit fot this.

You should have 2 blue keys with the car, if not i would try and get hold of the last owners to see if they know where the other is.

timpsons may be able to code a key for you - they did cut and coded a cinq one for me

the sei has a different imobillser system than the cinq so best to go ask them, or wait for a proper reply :p

apple is right on this one generation 2 ones not cloneable yet, but that dont mean they never will be, there were some other makes of car that used a (i think) g4 chip? thats only just been cracked, man that does my keys was showing me a big list of the cars that can now be done that all use the same chip, fiat2 not on it :( but he said it might happern 1 day

gaz_wrexham said:
timpsons may be able to code a key for you - they did cut and coded a cinq one for me

the sei has a different imobillser system than the cinq so best to go ask them, or wait for a proper reply :p

How about you delete your reply instead ;) :p

AppleSei said:
How about you delete your reply instead ;) :p

if my original reply was directed at you then i would, but as it wasnt

homer_kiss_my_ass-t.jpg

is the fiat2 codes not fixed then?

if you take your key in the have a machine which checks if it can be copied best check that first eh?

Fiat say £35 for the key then £15 for the coding(n)

Not as bad as I first thought but still!

LanciaMad said:
Fiat say £35 for the key then £15 for the coding(n)

Not as bad as I first thought but still!

I rem being told yesterday Fiat wanted £35 plus half hours labour the VAT :eek:

So like 60quid for a Key!!!

There are places that can do coded ones btw..

as i said dont know if its the same but on the cinq i took it to the local locksmith who had a machine he inserted the blue key into and it told him that it could be copied for 25 quid.

vandisian said:
as i said dont know if its the same but on the cinq i took it to the local locksmith who had a machine he inserted the blue key into and it told him that it could be copied for 25 quid.

It appears not to be the same system. Later seicentos had a code2 system which the cinq did not have. This system then allowed the red key to be discontinued

Hi all,
Found this thread to be basically covering the same (ish) questions I was going to ask. We are collecting the daughter's 03 Seicento from the seller on Sunday and already know it only has the one key (the other was snapped in two).Spoke to Fiat (Chelmsford) who indicate a replacement key will be around the £100 price tag (key precut from Italy, then programmed to the car). Is it worth my pursuing the seller for the broken key transponder? or more to the point is the price above about right? are there any other options? Any info/links appreciated...Dave

Hi all,
Found this thread to be basically covering the same (ish) questions I was going to ask. We are collecting the daughter's 03 Seicento from the seller on Sunday and already know it only has the one key (the other was snapped in two).Spoke to Fiat (Chelmsford) who indicate a replacement key will be around the £100 price tag (key precut from Italy, then programmed to the car). Is it worth my pursuing the seller for the broken key transponder? or more to the point is the price above about right? are there any other options? Any info/links appreciated...Dave

Get the broken key, cut it open carefully and take the capsual out. Get a standard fiat key cut and drill a tiny hole in key same place the capsual came out. Glue capsual in.

Not pretty but its only a spare.

Back