Technical seicento clutch

Currently reading:
Technical seicento clutch

centokate

Hi, i have a seicento sporting 1108cc, i couldn't find a recently updated thread so i thought i should ask.

I adore my seicento, but there is one thing about it that drives me up the wall :bang:

I'm well aware of the consistently breaking clutch cable... i've had mine 2 years and my cable has broken three times, however i haven't heard about the cable constantly slackening leaving me unable to get the car into gear because the clutch isn't releasing properly, this normally happens every three weeks or so.

Is there any way around this constant slackening or something i have to live with, any advice much appreciated, thanks :)

Kate

i try a new clutch then unless some one else has any other suggestions lol id wait for a few days see if any one else has a good idea insted of goin to spend alot on a clutch but if no one else finks of antrhink go for the clutch

The clutches don't always fail in the most convenient place, time or weather conditions, bang just when you don't need it.

Noel

don't think ive ever has something fail at a good time :p but that's cars for you its just alot worse if its a big job or something embarrassing like locking your keys in the boot -_- <<<< worst moment of my life there

jcdj, How much did it set you back as I need to get an idea as to whether it is worth my while doing. Cheers. Rob

Rallycinq, I realise that prices will vary greatly....just wanted a rough idea, that was all. Thanks for your input though..

Back