Technical Seicento 1.1 mpi - Gearbox: I did a big no-no??

Currently reading:
Technical Seicento 1.1 mpi - Gearbox: I did a big no-no??

Do you remember that feeling when you are about to do something that you know you must avoid at all cost?

I was removing the ball joints at the end of the shift cables (or gear cables?) but the one on the top was stuck.
So I thought "what the heck, I'll remove the nut that keep the lever."

AND then the pin inside the gearbox went down.......:eek:...:bang::bang:

What is awaiting me? a gearbox strip? :bang::bang:

Or I can easily turn the gearbox upside down, scroll it, and then bolt the lever in its place? :D

Attachments

• IMG_4914.JPG
    IMG_4914.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
I'm not sure what that bolt does.. or why you unbolted it, since it doesn't seem to hold anything related to the cables... but if you have one of those extendable magnets on a telescopic arm, you might be able to "grab" it and pull it out.

Otherwise, if you can't reach, try a short, smaller diameter steel rod or bolt with the most powerful magnet you can find clamped onto the head of the rod/bolt... so that it turns the rod into a magnet.

Ralf S.

I think anyone being honest knows that feeling, you are not alone.

Don't worry. the shaft should pull back up into position. It can however lose it's position In the selector mechanism. Meaning you won't get all the gears.

If this happens the top cover can be removed (6 nuts) and the selector repositioned. Best reseal it with something like a tube of 'blue hylomar' but not essential.

Don't worry. the shaft should pull back up into position. It can however lose it's position In the selector mechanism. Meaning you won't get all the gears.
:eek:
:cry::cry:

If this happens the top cover can be removed (6 nuts) and the selector repositioned. Best reseal it with something like a tube of 'blue hylomar' but not essential.
AhhhhAhhhh

Ok, I have plenty of H. universal blue; so, half job is done.....or at least I hope...

I always remove that lever. It's easy once you know why you No longer have all the gears ☺

Back