Technical Sei Sporting ('00) front fogs

Currently reading:
Technical Sei Sporting ('00) front fogs

Hey all ... my drivers side fog light was out so I bought replacement bulbs - figured I may as well do them both while I was at it. I managed to get the pasenger side foglight out and changed no bother but the driver's side one is c&*t if you'll excuse my french...

It's so close to the radiator that I can't see a way to get it out easily. Will I have to remove the front bumper and is that a fairly simple task?

Also, having changed the passenger side one, the whole unit seemed to be really (and I mean REALLY) badly erroded (I would have said corroded but that didn't seem to fit since it was full of what looked like sand!). Is this a common issue? Should the unit also be reflective inside, as it seems to be a strange dark red - almost terracotta - coloured paint (the same as the exterior which is also all flaking off)?

Cheers

Last edited:
Shouldnt need to remove front bumper a la driver side one.

The sand/crap in the foglight seems to be cropping up more and more, mine went the same way and so have others, would change it as well

Has drivers side fog ever been replaced?

The screws as well as foglight are probably rusted and past it as well wd40 or brute force on screws may be needed

I maybe shoulda been a bit more specific - the bolts came out no issue so the light is detached from the bumper. But getting it out from there so I can actually change the bulb is the issue.

Don't know if it's ever been replaced as I've only owned the car a few months but it only had 19k on the clock when I bought so I doubt it.

Would like to replace them completely Kris but can't really afford it atm ... bulbs were free from a Halfrauds employee ;)

Just for everyones info I finally got it out (not easily) by removing the belly pan and - rather harshly - bending the bumper until it basically fell out. Turned out the whole casing was shot to hell so even if I had replaced the bulb it would have gone again at the first sign of water. So i'll be onto Ebay at some point to get a replacement pair, figure I may as well change them both while I'm at it ...

Back