Technical Sei Rear wiper suddenly stopped working...

Currently reading:
Technical Sei Rear wiper suddenly stopped working...

MikeyD

My Sei Rear wiper suddenly stopped working today. Started engine and attempted to wipe rear window but nothing happens.... any thoughts? Wiper kaput? Fuse? HELP !! thanx

Is the boot shut properly? Clean the brass contacts on the inside of the tailgate then check the fuse.

Motors seem to be a common failure on the Sei's though.

Liam

bloomfieldliam said:
Is the boot shut properly? Clean the brass contacts on the inside of the tailgate then check the fuse.

Motors seem to be a common failure on the Sei's though.

Liam

cheers Liam, you helped me out last time with the window-washer motor problem!! (had to end up buyin a new one from Fiat (£50!!) after i'd purchased a 2nd-hand one (£22) one from a scrappy in Carlisle - which was faulty!!!!!)
I'll check the boot/contact points tonight. Here's hoping....!!

PS where's the fuse for this?
Arrrrgghhhh FIATS !!!!!!

If you have a meter you can check that you are getting voltage to it. Either check voltage at the contact points on the boot floor, the two on the right, one is a permanenet 12V to the motor, the one on the left is a switched 12V from the wiper stalk, when you turn the stalk you should get 12V here, check to nearest earth. The earth from the motor goes down the other lot of contact points on the left but don;t worry about this.
If you;re not getting voltage here then check fuse.
If you are then I would carry on as follows, remove plastic trim from inner tailgate, remove parcel shelf, remove rear wiper arm, shut the boot. Get in the back seat and unbolt the wiper motor, turn it around, at the end you should see two wires which are going to the motor itself, brown & green. Check that you have 12V across here, if you don;t but you are getting 12V at the connector then the relay is not working on the motor, if you are then the motor is nackered.

HTH.

Last edited:
You try to put grease or wd40 to the rear wiper axle. This usually unblocks the axle which has dirt or corosion on it.

A place near me repairs Fiat wiper motors on site, if anyone is interested?

John Montgomery & Sons Ltd
37, Kilmaurs Rd, Knockentiber, Kilmarnock, Ayrshire KA2 0DY
Tel: 01563 528648

Liam

Back