Technical Sei downpipe and lambda sensor.

Currently reading:
Technical Sei downpipe and lambda sensor.

GeX

Established member
Heres the prob, i think my lamda sensor has failed on my Sei sporting 1242.
Lurches around and fails to start too well atm. I am taking it to have the ECU read once my handbrake is fixed.

My current downpipe has been custom built by the cars previous owner (SC33W) and the lamda sensor welded in. This means that swapping it is not that simple. A sei system is different to that of a Cinqs in that the downpipe is able to be dissconnected from the cat and also contains a flexi section so i don't have to replace the whole system. FIAT are quoting me £183 for the downpipe so thats a no no.

Any suggestions on how to get a new lambda sensor in place?

I am thinking either:
Unweld the current sensor and create a boss for a new one to screw into. Weld the boss into the hole and attach the sensor.

Or, leave the old sensor in and cut the wires off. Create a new whole in the pipe and get the sensor to attach to that.

I don't think welding in a new sensor is a good idea, i get the impression that what caused this one to break so soon.

Who are the best people to approach for a job like this?
And as a reference anyone know what thread a lamda sensor has?

Ta

Erm, dunno about threads, but I personally like the idea about creating a boss.
A good zorst place should be able to do it, FYI, I remember seeing a place called Cobra Exhausts on the White Lund (Asda and Fiat in Lanc) when looking for the scrappers....But I havent been able to find it since!!

You might have to get another downpipe mate. The fixes you speak of sound complicated and just as expensive.

So you bought the Sei form Colin then?

Liam

I don't think chris will mind me answering this one, yup liam he did buy it off colin.

I think an exhaust place will be able to give a better price on the downpipe, or remove the down pipe and cut it before the flexi section. I just had my downpipe, lambda and cat replaced on my cinq sporting. The downpipe and cat was 185 fitted - how can fiat charge 183 for a part alone that the only remotely complex item was the flexi section.

I think the best course of action would be to take to an exhuast place, get the downpipe cut and replace the section from manifold to flexi section (which holds the lambda) with a custom job. I can't see that cost £183 to do!

but yeah, we need to fix his handbrake first!

Back