General Sedici imfo please

Currently reading:
General Sedici imfo please

stephenbebop

Hi all
Just bought a Sedici 1.9 Multijet 2007 with 73000 on the clock. Had a engine management light come on which the garage sorted, Said it needed a forced Regen which seems to have done the job. Anyway if any one can help I have a few questions ? First of all second gear is hard to get when cold is there a better oil I could use to help with this, Second what can I expect to the gallon using it on a 7 mile trip to work single and duel roads, Third I would like a full size steel spare wheel and tyre (205 60 16) will it fit in the wheel well in the boot. And last of all how hard is it to change the timing belt, water pump, and tensioner pulley.
Regards Stephen

Hi, welcome to the Sedici forum! Fortunately for you we've covered quite a lot of the common issues in this forum so definitely worth a browse.

If you're doing a 7 mile trip regularly I imagine this wouldn't allow the DPF to regenerate. This diesel engine needs to be given the beans once in a while to blow out the cobwebs. Also in the manual it states the best speed and revs to maintain to avoid having to get a garage to regen for you.

2nd gear is tough on this car. Some forum members have been into the garage to get the sync mesh sorted (as far as I remember) the but that was done under warranty. I haven't had mine done, I just know by now how to coax it in. Some other members might have a DIY solution.

If you're doing short runs then the MPG will suffer as it's not getting time to get up to temperature. I would expect around 40mpg as well, maybe 35 if you've got lights and traffic. Normal motorway runs I get around 46, eco runs I'm around 50.

Not sure on the tyre fitting in. The space is for a skinny so anything fatter would protrude and push the boot carpet up.

As for timing belts etc, I wouldn't know, I leave that kind of stuff to grown ups!

Anyway, welcome to the forum, you've got a great car! Which spec and colour do you have? It's a rare car, take a look at the "Sedicis in the wild" post.

Reactions: 50p
Hi
Its a 1.9 Multijet 8v Dynamic 4x4 in red. Looks like its been looked after and has service history, Two owners from new. Thanks for your info and happy motoring. Regards Stephen.

Hi Stephen

All cmm, says... he knows loads. Second gears was always sticky in mine too, but only until it warmed up.

Enjoy the in coming snow, while I had the car it got me in and out of the pennines daily in the terrible winters we've had, never got stuck once. (y)

sorry the Bosch reply above should have gone in another section. My diesel avarages 51 m.p.g. with a cross the board journey pprogramme.

Second gear is a night mare when the engine is cold; and I think very special care is needed in engaging. The clutch seems a little too sluggish to enable efficient double de clutching, so it is not a bad idea to try and go straight from 1st to 3 rd if u can. Alternatively just try and ease it in gear. 5 minutes and mine is fine. Good luck.

Back