Seat TERRA conversion

Currently reading:
Seat TERRA conversion

kimdontsurf

Hi everybody, nice to joinm such a community

I'm looking for a SEAT Terra Kombi, but it seems there are no such vehicles in my area. Only regular cargos.

I wonder if is it possible to convert regular cargo to kombi version (make windows and install rear seats), unfortunately I found no threads on this.

Maybe someone who knows this vehicle (a SEAT Terra expert :p:p:p) could share his thoughts on a such idea

Thank you!

Attachments

• изображение_2024-04-26_155858436.png
    изображение_2024-04-26_155858436.png
    480.9 KB · Views: 17
  • изображение_2024-04-26_155956942.png
    изображение_2024-04-26_155956942.png
    328.7 KB · Views: 6
Hi everybody, nice to joinm such a community

I'm looking for a SEAT Terra Kombi, but it seems there are no such vehicles in my area. Only regular cargos.

I wonder if is it possible to convert regular cargo to kombi version (make windows and install rear seats), unfortunately I found no threads on this.

Maybe someone who knows this vehicle (a SEAT Terra expert :p:p:p) could share his thoughts on a such idea

Thank you!
In general terms, we used to do things like this in UK years ago , however current safety laws here prevent any similar conversions today.
Usually if a vehicle is dual purpose then under the carpet/flooring there would be mountings in the floor to accept the seating securely, often with the seat belts built in. I had this in an older Fiat Doblo seven seater family, where you could release the catches and remove both rear rows of seats and revert to a van capacity.
I also have a Fiat Scudo that can do the same, although the outer of the rows of three seats have the inertia part of the seat belt mechanism mounted to the van body.
I assume it is the white van you wish to convert? Are there factory fitted seat belt threads with the special threads, in the sides of the van to bolt the seat belt inertia/retractable part of the seat belts to?
Re windows in the past we used to find glass from a suitable vehicle and cut the holes in the van, then using suitable old style universal windscreen rubbers to cut and fit, this had a centre moulding strip that went in afterwards to tighten the glass in place. Though it may need sealant to keep the rain out.;)

Attachments

• DSCF1338.JPG
    DSCF1338.JPG
    451.5 KB · Views: 4
Back