Screenwash

Currently reading:
Screenwash

MrDT

Ok, so i topped up my screenwash last week, got near enough 2 liters in there (is this a lot? what is the capacity of the bottle?). Tried cleaning the screen yesterday, and nothing came out the bloody nozzle. I guess either the bottle is empty, or I have a blockage?

So, how do i check for blockages and/or a leak in the screenwash bottle? There is no way I've used that much in the three or four times i've been in the car this week! (n)

Hopefully will be a cheap fix? I think i may still be under warranty actually :)

MrDT said:
Ok, so i topped up my screenwash last week, got near enough 2 liters in there (is this a lot? what is the capacity of the bottle?). Tried cleaning the screen yesterday, and nothing came out the bloody nozzle. I guess either the bottle is empty, or I have a blockage?

So, how do i check for blockages and/or a leak in the screenwash bottle? There is no way I've used that much in the three or four times i've been in the car this week! (n)

Hopefully will be a cheap fix? I think i may still be under warranty actually :)

Hello felow Welsh egg :p only a small but valid point here I suppose the washer motor is working ? hope we see you at our meets the 1st is in May (y)

PNL said:
Hello felow Welsh egg :p only a small but valid point here I suppose the washer motor is working ? hope we see you at our meets the 1st is in May (y)

it makes a noise as if it's "trying", but not getting anywhere. i'll fill her up again after work just to be sure :)

money's in short supply at the moment, shame nobody here's from the north, i'd definately like to make it to a meet at some point :) lots and lots of fiats around here, a fair few modified, surprised there aren't more owners signed up!

i'll report back after fiddling with the car tonight anyway, thanks for the suggestion (y)

Im sure we have some N.Wales members and have you read the threads on the meets theres a few in Put it to the vote section (y)

Giggz said:
hi i had this problem. was the none return valve on my water pipe that had stopped working.

cost £1.50 for a new 1

that's what i like to hear :D

thanks for your input young sir :worship: hopefully i have a nice cheap repair job ahead! (1 month warranty ran out a few days ago... always the way :()

It's just that the Multipla manual says you should use a DP1 mix in the diesel version and not use anything that is flammable. It says the same on the underside of the bonnet too.

Although it is indeed what everyone else seems to do.

I have them same problem with my back washer, how can i find the " none return valve on my water pipe " and how do i know if its not working?

Adam, what MK Punto do you have?

From what I can tell on ePER, MK1's have the non-return valve at the rear, looks to be just under the roof lining where the pipe goes into the tailgate. MK2's have the valve's at the fluid tank in the engine bay.

Testing . . . well you could take the valve out, make sure water only flows one way and not the other.

rroope said:
Adam, what MK Punto do you have?

From what I can tell on ePER, MK1's have the non-return valve at the rear, looks to be just under the roof lining where the pipe goes into the tailgate. MK2's have the valve's at the fluid tank in the engine bay.

Testing . . . well you could take the valve out, make sure water only flows one way and not the other.

my mk1 has a valve at the tank in the bay AND near the nozzle.

the one near the tank is busted so i'll need to sort that when i get a chance... topping up before any long journeys does the trick for the time being though (i really can be that lazy...)

Hellcat said:
Still not had chance to set fire to any screen wash. :D

Marea has ran out so will have to buy some more.

I gave up looking in the end and just used the blue stuff from Tesco.

My Multipla front and rear jets work fine, but the headlamp ones don't seem to do anything.

I've been using B&Q stuff, its like 97p a liter, carry the litre round with me, and in summer form (I use it about 1/6 mix or less, basically so its just not quite water) lasts long enough(y)

I only buy the halfrauds stuff when its on buy one get one free (often in summer as people don't bother)

Back