General Screenwash Nightmare!

Currently reading:
General Screenwash Nightmare!

Minxie

Hi everyone - I have a 2013 Fiat PUNTO HATCHBACK - 1.2 GBT 5 dr. My problem is that when I fill up the screenwash, it'll work for say a couple of quick washes then it's empty again within 24 hours! I've taken it into my local garage who have changed the bottle and say then can find nothing wrong with it other than it having a very small screenwash bottle. Is this right that I need to fill it up every day?? I'm sure there must be a leak or something but I've been told there's nothing wrong with it!

Looking forward to your thoughts, thank you thank you thank you - Leanne

Hole in the bottle or a leak somewhere.

Do both front and rear screen washers work?

Put some screen wash in then look under the car for drips.

Hole in the bottle or a leak somewhere.

Do both front and rear screen washers work?

Put some screen wash in then look under the car for drips.

Thank you for replying - I thought there must be a hole but the bottle has been replaced and the garage say no leaks! It’ll work fine, say on way to work then after being stood all day there’s no liquid left! They’re just telling me this model has a v small bottle but I can’t believe it only hold a couple of washes and need refilling!! It holds approx 2 litres and I washed front and back once. Is this normal for my model please? Leanne

Definitely not normal, I had a 2004 Punto with the same capacity bottle and - even in this weather with cleaning the screen every few minutes - it would last at least a week. If the bottle isn't leaking, it could be the pump or the pipework. My money would be on the pump as the pipework would only present the leak when the washers are being operated, but if the seal on the pump is gone it'd leak all the time.

Definitely not normal, I had a 2004 Punto with the same capacity bottle and - even in this weather with cleaning the screen every few minutes - it would last at least a week. If the bottle isn't leaking, it could be the pump or the pipework. My money would be on the pump as the pipework would only present the leak when the washers are being operated, but if the seal on the pump is gone it'd leak all the time.

Thank you - this is reassuring to know it’s not normal! Front and back washers work when I’ve pick it up from garage but then it’s empty again overnight. I’m sure they think I’m just making it up, luckily it’s still under warranty so not costing anything (yet). They say they can’t find any trace of a leak though which is what confuses me. They’re keeping it overnight tonight and fingers crossed it’ll be all over the floor in the morning!

Thank you - this is reassuring to know it’s not normal! Front and back washers work when I’ve pick it up from garage but then it’s empty again overnight. I’m sure they think I’m just making it up, luckily it’s still under warranty so not costing anything (yet). They say they can’t find any trace of a leak though which is what confuses me. They’re keeping it overnight tonight and fingers crossed it’ll be all over the floor in the morning!

hi,

my 2012 has never run out.. ( only topped up annually on services..):)

hi,

my 2012 has never run out.. ( only topped up annually on services..):)

It was topped up this morning in the garage and was empty again this afternoon - took it straight back and they’ve finally found a leak under the passenger side back seat, I’m so relieved they’ve finally found it!! [emoji120] thanks guys!

It was topped up this morning in the garage and was empty again this afternoon - took it straight back and they’ve finally found a leak under the passenger side back seat, I’m so relieved they’ve finally found it!! [emoji120] thanks guys!

if that's INSIDE the car- then that's a LOT of unwanted fluids / moisture..potentially in the sound-deadening material..:yuck:

do get them to actually check..and sign this off..;)

Back