Technical Screenwash failure

Currently reading:
Technical Screenwash failure

elizabeths dad

Both front and rear screenwash on my 899cc Seicento SX have stopped working, no noise from either motor. First thought was a fuse, but the wipers at both ends are still ok and according to the handbook both functions share a fuse and that one's ok.

Removed the arch liner and noted there are two motors, one for each end. Haven't checked them, but it seems unlikely that both would fail at the same time (or maybe not, I've been fooled by that kind of thinking in the past!). Nothing obvious around the column switch and associated connections.

Any ideas before I get a test lamp on it? Is there a joint on the wiring somewhere, or a fuse that Fiat don't tell you about? I feel it's going to be something simple.

Removed the washer bottle today and tested the (very rusty) washer motors off the car and both are dead, so it looks as if the 'it seems unlikely that both would fail at the same time' logic has failed again.

New ordered, I'll update if that solves the problem.

i had my front one fail last weekend. just swapped the pipes over temporarily until i get a replacement. obviously that wouldnt work in your case though ;)

Both front and rear screenwash on my 899cc Seicento SX have stopped working, no noise from either motor. First thought was a fuse, but the wipers at both ends are still ok and according to the handbook both functions share a fuse and that one's ok.

Removed the arch liner and noted there are two motors, one for each end. Haven't checked them, but it seems unlikely that both would fail at the same time (or maybe not, I've been fooled by that kind of thinking in the past!). Nothing obvious around the column switch and associated connections.

Any ideas before I get a test lamp on it? Is there a joint on the wiring somewhere, or a fuse that Fiat don't tell you about? I feel it's going to be something simple.
Mine had failed before I got my Seciento.

Had to order a complete reservoir and motor(only one on my 'Se')

Easy enough to replace but genuine Fiat part was nearly €120-00. ��

With apologies for the delay. Replaced both motors with new ones courtesy of ebay and now have both front and rear washers working perfectly. Looks like both motors did fail at the same time, which looking at the rusty state of the originals isn't too surprising.

Last edited:
Reactions: saw
Back