Technical Dash light fuse keeps blowing

Currently reading:
Technical Dash light fuse keeps blowing

syaochan

cinquecentista
Hello all.

Long story short: fuse for dash lights keeps blowing, what do I have to check?

If you want to know the full story, please read on: on my Cinq, the fuse for dash light, rear left and front right light (7.5 A) keeps blowing. Yesterday morning it blew and I replaced it the first time, hoping it had been a singular event. After replacing it all seemed ok, unfortunately that was not the case.
This morning it blew again, the annoying thing is that this happened around the same time as yesterday, about 15 minutes after leaving home, I don't know if it was just a coincidence.
With the fuse removed, I measured the current drawn from the lights and it was less than 1 A.
Now I removed the front right light socket and the lamp, as the socket seemed rather worn out and I thought the lamp moving in the socket may have caused a temporary short circuit between contacts. Replaced again the fuse, I hope tomorrow morning it won't blew.
Should not this be the case, is there some "weak point" I should check?

Many thanks for reading this. I would be grateful if you could help me/let me know of any ideas.

BR
Christian

No luck, today the fuse blew again, I noticed the dash light started flickering and then shutted down. As the days before, it happened around 15-20 minutes after leaving home. I'm afraid it won't be easy to sort this. :(

Back