Technical Screen wash jets, How to adjust?

Currently reading:
Technical Screen wash jets, How to adjust?

Got a Grande 1.2 active and the manual says that the jets are adjustable. All the cars i have had in the past you just needed a pin to move the little ball jets up down left or right.

But the grandes jets appear to be fixed in place despite the book saying they are movable. The drivers side jet on mine just passes the wiper blade when parked up but at about 30+ mph it mostly hits the bottom of the wiper any tips? tried a flat jewlers screwdriver in the jet but didn't want to force it..

Many thanks

I have the same problem; The passenger side jet is just about usable but the drivers side one barely reaches the screen.

Did you ever figure out it's possible to adjust them?

dan-the-man said:
if the above suggestion doesn't work then can't you adjust them by putting a pine in the nossle and moving it?

Tried that but it doesn't seem to work... The jets appear to be molded plastic with no moveable part that I can see...

hey guys dont damage your cars man!!:eek: just call your dealer or drive to them, its an excuse to go for a ride! get them to show you how to adjust them, thats what they are there for!!:)

think thats what im gonna have to do! i need to go anyway theres a bloody nocking sound AGAIN and i thought they fixed it :(

Did anyone manage to adjust the washer jets themselves? Or is it a dealer job (seems stupid to ask them to do it, and do they charge?).

Like others here, my drivers side is a bit on the low side, esp. when you're driving, but when I looked today, it appears to be all moulded plastic that is unmovable.

Yeah.....what's in the book is a misprint.
The way you adjust them is to 'bung' something UNDER the black plastic panel that the jets are attached to.....something like plastic bag ties with the square end block are what I used......put them under the place opposite each washer jet......works good.

thats what i ended up doing super boy i used a bit of cable tie to pack it off a bit,,

had them replaced but the replacements where just as bad :rolleyes:

I got the idea from your post a while back!
Thanks alot....it's the only thing that works.....well done!

Fair play.... you have sorted out the issue but with respect its not really a repair, be honest, its more of a bodge. You have paid all that money for the car and for the warranty so why not take it back and ask for it to be put right.....Fiat designed the washers to work without being shimmed up with cable ties and the fact you have to do this means they are not functioning as intended. If you are happy with the situation then fine, but I would be straight back to the dealer and I would expect the problem to be put right under warranty without any questions. Emphasise the fact that working washers are a a MOT requirement.

Taking the car back to the dealer no matter how minor the fault works both ways, you get the problem sorted, and Fiats QC dept become aware of recurring quality issues and common faults. This feedback then gives Fiat the chance to sort these problems out in the design and assembly stages. Result is, overall quality improves over time and ultimately anyone who buys a new GP in the future will benefit (y)
Lets be reasonable on this, Fiat wont know there is an underlying problem, unless enough people tell them.

Last edited:
Washer Jets..

How andearth do u alter the positon of the washer jets so they actually psray the water onto the widscreen not 6foot over the car?? (n) haha

Re: Washer Jets..

so put bit plastic under,
Excuse the captain for his response trailing off into the neanderthal... he had a long day at work today :p :D

It might not be quite as simple for you to get your jets to spray lower - Capt. Chaos just slipped a small bit of plastic under the big plastic unit that the jets are contained in and fiddled with it til they were right otherwise if your cars going in at any point I'd ask the dealer to take a look.

Re: Washer Jets..

Dealer.... that way if they break it they can replace it. (y)

Although, leave it to accumilate other problems or things that need ironing out.

Back