Scrappage

Currently reading:
Scrappage

Dealer phoned last night to say that we need to prove that the car we scrapped was insured when we collected the new car, this is 2 months after the event !!!
My G/F being organised waited until we had confirmation from the DVLA that the old car was no longer our concern then as requested by the insurance company destroyed the old policy.
So she's just had to pay £10.50 to have a duplicate sent to us :mad:

If you took in a copy of the insurance document originally, id tell the dealer youre expecting the £10.50 for the duplicate docs to be reimbursed by them. If they lose the documents that's their problem, not yours.

I've had to produce my documents twice because my original dealer did things in the wrong order/lost the copies, then lost their franchise, and now the new dealer who is doing the handover need copies...

I could easily have destroyed the redundant insurance from the scrapped vehicle...I usually keep everything just in case.

Seems there is a lot of confusion around scrappage and dealers are bricking it because they are liable for the £2000 if procedure isn't followed to the letter.

Last edited:
Seems there is a lot of confusion around scrappage and dealers are bricking it because they are liable for the £2000 if procedure isn't followed to the letter.

I got £3400 scrappage.
All documents taken at time, as where yours.

Dear Dealer, your problem not mine.

Unless you really want to keep well in for service reasons.

Back