Samsung Galaxy S3

Currently reading:
Samsung Galaxy S3

RUSSI46

Hi, I recently purchased a 59 plate GP 1.4 T Jet sporting with blue and me fitted. It works flawlessly with phone calls but when I plug the phone into either of the usb ports in the glovebox it is instantly recognised because the phone starts charging, but wont play music ?
If I plug in an old mp3 player I have, that plays straight away but nothing from my Samsung galaxy S3 ?
I was really hoping to be able to use Deezer which is similar to Spotify,
Any ideas anyone please ?

I have the same issue as you with my LG G3 and I want to play spotify, it's something to do with the way music is stored on the device. I've given up trying to make it work so looking down the FM Transmitter route :(

Thanks for your reply, I kinda understand why Spotify or deezer wont play because of the type of files they are, but I have mp3s on my phone and they wont play either, bonkers.

Looking into it further, it's because old phones used to attach (connect) to the blue&me system as mass storage devices as that how the system is set up to read. New android phones (such as my G3 and your S3) use the MTP transfer mode which the blue&me system cant read/work with.

The Blue&me adapter for iPhone (that I used before) basically tricks the system into believing the phone is a mass storage device and lets it play as such but doesn't work with android phones.

Hope that sheds some light, albeit not good news.

Dan

Looking into it further, it's because old phones used to attach (connect) to the blue&me system as mass storage devices as that how the system is set up to read. New android phones (such as my G3 and your S3) use the MTP transfer mode which the blue&me system cant read/work with.

The Blue&me adapter for iPhone (that I used before) basically tricks the system into believing the phone is a mass storage device and lets it play as such but doesn't work with android phones.

Hope that sheds some light, albeit not good news.

Dan

Thanks Dan, bloody frustrating:bang:

Back