Punto (Mk2/2b) Ryan Mk3's Mk2b/3 Punto 5 Door.

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) Ryan Mk3's Mk2b/3 Punto 5 Door.

Ryan Mk3

Punto Mk2b
Hi, I've got a 2003 (53 plate) 5 door metallic Grey Fiat Punto.
There's alot I want to do to it but in the mean time this is what I want to do and what I already have:

Engine
Standard
Want:
-Focus induction kit
-New exhaust (non standard)

Exterior
-Standard with 15" sporting alloys
-Debadged Punto letters and smooth sided
-New mini arial and screw in arial base
-FF Sticker (y)
Want to:
-Debadge Rear Blue Fiat badge to one with a Black Background
-Rear Window Tints
-Debadged Grille
-Spray Sporting alloys black or purchase Aftermarket 17" alloys (black)
-Tint rear light clusters
-CC Door handles and wingmirrors

Interior
Standard
Want:
-Re-spray Centre console White (With heating Dials)
-Respray around Centre ashtray between seats White
-Respray door lock surrounds White
-Black + White seat covers as I hate the blue interior
-New Floor mats
-New Dash LED's
-Interior Footwell LED's (possibly)

ICE
-JVC KD-R411
-Infinity Reference 6x9's
-EDGE EDB12TA Twin Sub
-Pioneer Door Speakers

:):)

Re: Ryan Mk3's Mk2b/3 Punto 5 Door

This is what it looked like completely standard and untouched. (And washed :()
1092.JPG

11013.JPG

11113.JPG

11212.JPG

Next on the list was to remove the punto letters on the boot and remove the bumper strips from both sides:

11510.JPG

11610.JPG

Then, In November my missus bought me some 6x9's and I ordered a FF sticker for the back window. Also bought a JVC KD-R411 HU which was excellent value for money, only cost me £70 in sales so was rather happy with that! (y):

11710.JPG

11411.JPG

11910.JPG

The newest edition to the Mk3 is an edge subwoofer (double) that i bought yesterday and also fitted yesterday, sounds great but just running it in at the minute so no major sound pollution yet! :cool:

those wires hanging down are 6x9 wires which i need to tidy up (n)

11810.JPG

Saw some seats in a corsa c and they were really nice, was just wondering how I would know what car seats can be taken out of to fit in a Punto Mk2b/3? And if not where could I buy some made specifically for my car, but different designs?

Saw some seats in a corsa c and they were really nice, was just wondering how I would know what car seats can be taken out of to fit in a Punto Mk2b/3? And if not where could I buy some made specifically for my car, but different designs?

i'd say that they wnt fit pal as the runner will be different, interiors that will fit punto sporting interior, alfa 147

also seen ur from hull, check out the events section of the forum as we r holding a yorkshire meet if u want to come along (y)

i'd say that they wnt fit pal as the runner will be different, interiors that will fit punto sporting interior, alfa 147

also seen ur from hull, check out the events section of the forum as we r holding a yorkshire meet if u want to come along (y)

so sporting and alfa 147 seats will fit Punto 1.2 8V?
Yeah ill have a look mate would love to come along :)

oh right well i've got some decent seat covers on but i need to take them plastic bits off the side of the front seats so i can fit the bottom seat cover bit snug cos its baggy at the min. Cheers mate, deffo see you at the yorkshire meet, should hopefully have a fair bit done by then cos its just interior stuff so far :p

Just recently sprayed my center console white and my HU Fascia white aswell, spraying my door card upholstery black and plastic door card part white soon aswell.

Was just wondering were i can get the focus induction kit, cant find it on fleabay and i was lookin for a sportex backbox but they all seem to be for the mk2 16v on the site? :confused:

Just recently sprayed my center console white and my HU Fascia white aswell, spraying my door card upholstery black and plastic door card part white soon aswell.

Any pics of these?

I've got the same Mk2b and colour, do the bump strips on the side just pull off after the hairdryer thing or do they require anything else? It looks really good.

Dom.

Any pics of these?

I've got the same Mk2b and colour, do the bump strips on the side just pull off after the hairdryer thing or do they require anything else? It looks really good.

Dom.
in a word, yes...
best way is heating em up and using fishing wire to cut through it so u dont pull away the paint as well. then a bit of elbow grease and some tar remover or the such to remove the left over glue. i just used wd-40 to soften it up and a few hours rubbing it off then t-cut to finish it off.

have a look at the guides section for more in depth info.

oh right well i've got some decent seat covers on but i need to take them plastic bits off the side of the front seats so i can fit the bottom seat cover bit snug cos its baggy at the min. Cheers mate, deffo see you at the yorkshire meet, should hopefully have a fair bit done by then cos its just interior stuff so far :p

yh m8 i'll be at the yorkshire meet (y)

in a word, yes...
best way is heating em up and using fishing wire to cut through it so u dont pull away the paint as well. then a bit of elbow grease and some tar remover or the such to remove the left over glue. i just used wd-40 to soften it up and a few hours rubbing it off then t-cut to finish it off.

have a look at the guides section for more in depth info.

Thanks, I'll have a look later!(y)

I'll pst up pictures tomorrow, to busy with work lately to do anything. As bad as it sounds i heated up my bump strips with a hairdryer and i filed down a ice scraper for the windscreen so it was a rounded end and there was barely any glue left, and like was said earlier, bit of wd-40 and something to remove it with, works a treat, only took me about 45 minutes for the punto letters and bump strips (y)

:)Got some savage light tinting spray today. I was wondering cos i have the mk2b with the rear bumper reflectors, would that mean that i should tint the full cluster or leave the bottom reflector unsprayed still? Also should i clear laquer it aswell?:confused:

:)Got some savage light tinting spray today. I was wondering cos i have the mk2b with the rear bumper reflectors, would that mean that i should tint the full cluster or leave the bottom reflector unsprayed still? Also should i clear laquer it aswell?:confused:

yh m8 u can do full lot cos of the reflectors in the bumper (y), i dnt use laquer on mine pal i used savage spary just remember that its drys darker than wot it looks wet

Back