General Rusty bravo

Currently reading:
General Rusty bravo

Bravo Chris

My bravo is a 2007 mj150. I noticed a few weeks ago that on the inside lip of the boot lid and also in the same place on the under side of the bonnet the paint is beginning to bubble. I showed it to a local bodywork garage and they confirmed rust as the cause. £200 to put right. The car is out of warranty but anybody know where I stand with regards to the anti corrosion warranty? I'm disappointed at rust appearing on my bravo which isn't quite 5 years old yet and I've always looked after the car well. Anybody else had similar issues or thoughts on this??

im not sure tbh, id speak 2 fiat if i was u and see what they have 2 say, the same thing happend on our peugeot 308sw, when it was just under 2 years old, however they accused it as being in an unrecorded accident. (which it haddent), so yeah depending on how long the corosion garantee is and if it hasnt been involved in any frontal crashes it should be fine

The boot lid on my 2008 bravo was bobbling so I took it to my local Fiat garage. They said it was normal! They then proceeded to show me other Fiats with the same problem. Not content I contacted Fiat and e-mailed them some photos Fiat called me back to say they had spoken to my local garage who denied ever seeing the car for this problem! They told me to take it back for a second inspection. Luckily we have two local dealers, so with the agreement of Fiat I took it to the other dealer. They agreed it should not be rusting. However, as said above the anti corrosion warranty only covers complete corrosion not bobbling paint. They spoke to Fiat on my behalf and Fiat agreed to cover 90% of the cost. I was very happy and it's now been fixed. I can't fault Fiat UK only my poor local dealer.

Back