Technical Rough idle help

Currently reading:
Technical Rough idle help

ReallyDriven

My Sisley has been fine, drove after Xmas and it kept stalling. It will only work with full choke out even when warm when idle. I’ve stripped and cleaned the carb, checked vacuum timing is working, spark plugs and leads.
I thought I’d sucked some rubbish in when the petrol was low but no it’s still not happy.
Any suggestions? I read about the idle control valve but have no idea where it is.
Thank you

My Sisley has been fine, drove after Xmas and it kept stalling. It will only work with full choke out even when warm when idle. I’ve stripped and cleaned the carb, checked vacuum timing is working, spark plugs and leads.
I thought I’d sucked some rubbish in when the petrol was low but no it’s still not happy.
Any suggestions? I read about the idle control valve but have no idea where it is.
Thank you
Not sure which carb on your Sisley but have often found the idle jet visible in bottom half when taken the top off carb sometimes has an emulsion tube below it which if you get a match stick you can jam it in then lift the emulsion tube out of carb, with match then out turn tube upside down and gentle bang it on a firm surface a load of crap and water often drop out, then blow with airline to finish.
Some carb versions had an electronic solenoid idle control valve which would be connected to an electric terminal and can be unscrewed and cleaned.
If there is a manual/volume control valve as some carbs had, it is usually a slightly larger spring loaded screw than the old idle screw found on earlier cars.
Unless you have disturbed it they don't usually cause a problem, however they work by allowing more or less air into the circuit, so generally if you screw it out it runs faster etc.

Back