General Ross' Seicento

Currently reading:
General Ross' Seicento

Thought it was about time i updated this thread with my progress...

Cars been sprayed and the Abarth skirts fitted, pictures when its a dry enough day for me to polish it!

As some of you know I've been having big problems with rough running and the engine management light, 1 new ecu and 2 coils later and thats all sorted!

Just purchased a set of pepper pot Lancia HF turbo alloys for a bargain £50! So will be refurbishing them over the next few weeks.

List of things to be done:

Lowering
Refurb wheels
shampoo interior
Replace rocker cover gasket
Clean engine bay
Paint rocker cover
Sell standard alloys
Air intake mod
Fix heater control
Sort rattles!

Thats enough to keep me busy for a little while, since its raining 90% of the time now. I'll try and get some pics up soon, and then some with the new wheels and the lowered setup :)

Thought it was about time i updated this thread with my progress...

Cars been sprayed and the Abarth skirts fitted, pictures when its a dry enough day for me to polish it!

As some of you know I've been having big problems with rough running and the engine management light, 1 new ecu and 2 coils later and thats all sorted!

Just purchased a set of pepper pot Lancia HF turbo alloys for a bargain £50! So will be refurbishing them over the next few weeks.

List of things to be done:

Lowering
Refurb wheels
shampoo interior
Replace rocker cover gasket
Clean engine bay
Paint rocker cover
Sell standard alloys
Air intake mod
Fix heater control
Sort rattles!

Thats enough to keep me busy for a little while, since its raining 90% of the time now. I'll try and get some pics up soon, and then some with the new wheels and the lowered setup :)

Were the wheels the split rim stylee ones....i think i saw them the other day....not to my taste, but hey its your car lol

How much will you be lowering by? ive seen a few sets of 30mm and 40mm springs kicking around on the forums

I had a set on my Lancia Y10 Turbo, they aren't a split rim, but will be painted in such a way, or perhaps just in a dark gunmetal colour all over.

I think retro fiat/lancia wheels looks really good and keep a bit of heritage! Plus you wont roll up next to a mini or a vw look over and see the same ones on them :D

Looking to lower by 40mm, if anyones got a full set going give me a pm!

Just a little update..

A link to the thread discussing my up coming 75Mpi engine swap,

https://www.fiatforum.com/cinq-sei-technical/136383-punto-75-mpi-conversion-4.html

Stripped the rear out a few days ago, a couple of pics...

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00178.jpg

DSC00177.jpg

The Lancia wheels fell through, major problems getting the guy to deliver them. I want a set of Punto sporting rims now, however after pricing up the rims second hand, some 195/45/14 rubber, and the spacers / bolts needed I'm knocking on a brand new tyre package, so I'm still deciding what to do there.

Plans in the next week or two include 40mm springs which are on their way to me as I type, and a rehaul of the rear suspension, including some repainting, new shocks and powerflex bushes.

After removing the rear seats and brackets there is a nice place to bolt a strut brace straight in, using the seat belt anchor points, just need to find a suitable length strut brace now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Springs all done, the fronts were surprisingly easy, though putting the spring compressors in the right place was a little tricky at first. The rears took 20 minutes per side, even more straight forward then the guide, take the wheel off and one shock bolt!

The seats are going back in, along with a little sound deadening.. the noise over bumps is awful, almost like a panel van!

Will post some pics of her lowered when it stops raining.

Last edited by a moderator:
Test drive on the new springs carried out, what a different car! Stable at speed, horrible under steer all but banished, poised and very chuckable. I highly recommend lowering to anyone with a Seicento Sporting, totally transforms the car.

Purchasing a set of Punto sporting rims from Dr Hillmann, which were in the classified section, will post some pictures of them fitted with th car lowered when they arrive.

DSC002371.JPG

Punto Gt wheels arrived today, special thanks to Dr Hillmann, the wheels are near perfect and had all the spacers and bolts needed for fitment.

Heres a couple of pictures, the cars lowered 40mm, also added some genuine wind deflectors, just a front splitter, rear spoiler and some abarth centre caps to sort now and then its onto the brake upgrade and engine swap.

Anyone have any ideas how i can remove the 'sporting' logo from the small bumpstrips?

Attachments

• DSC00198.JPG
    DSC00198.JPG
    407 KB · Views: 420
  • DSC00199.JPG
    DSC00199.JPG
    351.7 KB · Views: 425
Springs all done, the fronts were surprisingly easy, though putting the spring compressors in the right place was a little tricky at first. The rears took 20 minutes per side, even more straight forward then the guide, take the wheel off and one shock bolt!

The seats are going back in, along with a little sound deadening.. the noise over bumps is awful, almost like a panel van!

Will post some pics of her lowered when it stops raining.

Yeah you can even hear the fuel injection pump going..I wont put seats in because, I really like how the sei responds to it's diet, I will put some carpet down. Because as you say sounds like a panel van..Excellent Sei by the way!:slayer:

Punto Gt wheels arrived today, special thanks to Dr Hillmann, the wheels are near perfect and had all the spacers and bolts needed for fitment.

Heres a couple of pictures, the cars lowered 40mm, also added some genuine wind deflectors, just a front splitter, rear spoiler and some abarth centre caps to sort now and then its onto the brake upgrade and engine swap.

Anyone have any ideas how i can remove the 'sporting' logo from the small bumpstrips?

looking sweet (y)

Are they the 15" versions? what rubber are you running? - more to the point what's the offset? - any spacers on there yet? - any scrubbing?

Back