Technical Roof reset issue

Currently reading:
Technical Roof reset issue

mammamio

So my boot is not opening, and also the fabric is not aligning properly when opening the roof so I am trying to do a roof reset.

however, when I am trying to open the roof, it always stops 1 time, regardless of how long I continue to press the open button.

LIkewise, regardless of how long I continue to press the close button, the roof stops 3 times (1 time at the open position stop, then halfway, then the last bit), and only continues to close if I depress and press again..

This makes it impossible for me to do the reset because of the stops. Any suggestions please?

I've put the rear headrests down as well, as this was suggested in another thread. no avail.

Check the electrical wires between the body and boot are not broken inside rubber sleeve

Check the electrical wires between the body and boot are not broken inside rubber sleeve
I forgot to add that the boot opens fine if I press the boot key fob button. but would not open if I just press unlock car (i.e. pressing the button at the boot).

The car is also recognizing when the boot is open or closed. So the sensors are fine.

I would begin by following jackwhoo's advice and check the boot wiring. The 500C is less prone than the hatch to failure but on the early cars, before 2013, the shorter cable tended to get stretched across the edge of the boot lid when open. I had mine rewired in 2019; the vinyl sleeving had split years before but a wire had finally broken (the only effect was the boot light stopped working - I hadn't even noticed!). A possibility for the non-working boot release is a failed or stuck microswitch in the boot handle. A spray with WD40 has been suggested to free it up - might work.

Back