General Roof antenna

Currently reading:
General Roof antenna

glithd

Hi

Anyone know where I can get a replacement screw-in roof antenna for the Multipla. The standard one is about 1" too long and catches on my garage door.

I've already tried a company called Simoni Racing who sent me a 90mm long aerial that "fit all fiats" but the thread size is 6mm and it doesn't fit. The original has a thread size of 5mm.

Any ideas ?

Many Thanks

I got a good looking (and supposedly better reception) "stubby" arial @ about 6 inches long from my local motor shop.
The one i got had 2 fittings and was supposed to be universal.
It looked so good some ass hole nicked it over night and now im back to my original.
BTW i have a Brava.

---

I've managed to find an aerial that fits from a company called Richbrook which contains both 5mm and 6mm screw fittings.

If anyone is interested try this link:
http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/www_speeding_co_uk_Richbrook_Anti_Theft__Aerial_65.html

[8D]

I had the same problem and solved it by cutting about 3" off the end of the arial! I did this by first cutting the tip off and removing the fibreglass core and plastic sheething then carefully slitting the remaining sheething in the arial taking care not to cut the coil wrapped round the core. I then wound the coil and slid it further down the core to the required length and cut off the excess core. I then drilled out the tip to accommodate the new end which is slightly thicker than the original and stuck it back on. Sounds fiddly but is really quite easy. And it works as well as the original.

Back