Roll Cage

Currently reading:
Roll Cage

S

Shaun Cook

has anyone ever put one in a bravo?

im thinking i may have to make my own...but itll be a hard proccess...

boosig.jpg

have you tried looking at the euro bravos? the euro ones seem to kitted out to the eyeballs!

NO!! NO!! NO!!

Oh fella what has brought you to this conclusion!?
Its only my opinion but unless your thinking about rallying it, why oh why?
Is there even a millionth of a chance that you may roll it??
Its gonna take up your back seats, add weight to your car and make you look like a pencil!
I come from a town full of young chavs who hav 50 quid cars but seem to find the money to put in roll cages and then drive round as if they've got hig end supercars.
Theres cars cant even dream of doing the speed it would take to roll a car.
From 1 young bravo owner to another i beg you - think hard and long.
Anybody who knows about motoring would surely be turned off with such an addition.
Is there nothing else you could think of to spend the money on??

P.S. sorry for the rant just roll cages are a touchy subject for me.

I agree with the above. Why? Its just like having a load of scaffold in the car? Its gonna slow it down, take up your luggae space. In all honesty Shaun i wouldn't.

Just spend the money on getting a leather interior instead ;)

Sig.jpg

(shauns girlfriend)

I COMPLETELY AGREE!! i think it is a ridiculous costly (and most of all ridiculous) idea!! like he is ever gonna risk his paint job enough 2 ever need it!!! he is possibly going to kill me now.... ! xx

boosig.jpg

ignore the above!!

i am thinking of running the bravo as a track car in the future, once i finish uni ill need a more grown up car, with me hoping to start a family soon, the bravo wont cut it for the job and selling her isnt an option as, 1st of all i wont get much for it, and secondly...i just havent got the heart.

i am planning on turbo-ing her, and stripping her out and using it on tracks only as a weekend toy. so a roll cage might be on the cards if u imagine a 300bhp car racing round a track with my girlfriend driving it!!!

boosig.jpg

Its going from bad to worse first your talking about roll cages now a women driving your motor on a track!
Get the mrs a 5 door run around and keep the Bravo as your only last bit of manlyhood and dignity!!

i need to grow up some how and im thinking a alfa sportswagon or an audi a4... she wont drive a 5 door lol....she graves speed toooo much

still a long time off but we will see what happends

boosig.jpg

that is spot on tommy.... just thinking hour it will fit to the roof??

boosig.jpg

normally they dont' bolt to the roof.

i think the 2 lugs go on the sunroof but when I looked into haveing 1 in the skoda, it just bolts to the rear seat and seatbelt anchor points.

I was always goign to make a touring car style Alfa 147 type thing with a bravo.... the rear spoiler... only an Italian team could make that look so sexy!!!

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

my mate had a roll cage in his c2 gt, he had a lot of tuning done (before the laughing starts, dyno'd at 122whp,and only weighing 800kg!), but, through the corners with the cage, the car was just that much more composed as it increases the chassis stiffness (its pretty much a jumped up set of strut braces???), also if you have a roll cage, you are then allowed to run fully slick tyres on track, again increasing the handling even more!
roll cages are a good idea! :)
how are you going to turbo the bravo? 20vt? 16vt? or even 1.6 16vt?

only prob with a roll cage in a road car is most insurance companies wotn insure you at all... at any price!!!

I was tempted to have 1 made from ally for just show effect but not as a functioning roll cage.

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

itll be a 16vt or 20vt turbo, will see how i feel and what i can find when it comes to it.

but the roll cage will be a deffinate when i get to it. like u said, it stiffens up the over all chassis roll and gives u a stronger base to start with.

boosig.jpg

Shaun, i could be in the market for one on these fairly soon, maybe we could negotiate a bit of discount if we join forces :)

Rich

hmmm maybe...i do need one, all that weight is dragging the car down a little need it stripping

boosig.jpg

i would concentrate on the basics before adding a roll cage, get your suspension/brakes set up first, then look at a cage if required.

the cage will be great addition in stability, particulary as the bravo has no oppurtunity for a rear upper brace, but with the 1.6 engine you gotta consider the power/weight ratio.

it'll be difficult to lose 27kg just by stripping interior bits.

Rich

Always liked the idea of a cage, however I would not want to crash the car without a helmet on, bang of the cage :(

Stephen d

"Always liked the idea of a cage, however I would not want to crash the car without a helmet on, bang of the cage"

I wouldn't want to crash a normal Bravo.... all the pics you see of accident damed bravo's never have the air bag deployed!!!

Has anyone actually crashed a Bravo and had the bags go off???

Lozz had a proper big crunch...

IMAGE_149.jpg

but no air bags went off... even after this!!!!

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

mine never went off either! that was a front end shunt... just guessed it was because of the airbag light being on!