Technical Rocker shaft oil passage ( oil rise tube )

Currently reading:
Technical Rocker shaft oil passage ( oil rise tube )

afdeidda

Hi everyone, I have been trying to remove the shaft that takes the oil from the block to the rocker. From what I have seen it should be just a case of pulling it out. For some reason it just will not come out. I have put wd40...wiggled it a bit..pulled.....etc etc...but it just will not come out. It does have a bit of play. I have blown compressed air through it and there seems to be no obstructions.
I fear the end might be deformed for some reason and now will not come out.
Has anyone had this sort of issue before ? If so...how did it come out ?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Alessandro

Never had that issue but it should just pull out. They can be a bit of a press fit.

Done it...so I put a bit of hose pipe around the oil pipe with clips either end tight hard....these would not deform the pipe. Then I put a grip wrench on the hose..not too tight as I did not want to deform the oil pipe..but enough. to get a good grip on the hose pipe. A rubber mallet to hit the wrench vertically to pull the pipe out...came out on second hit... :)

The oil-passage tubes often are a fairly tight fit---may I suggest that prior to re-fitting the tube (and it is often better to fit them prior to refitting the push-rod tubes) you give both ends of the tube a good clean with fine emery-cloth. This will give you just a shade more free-play.

Back