General road trip

Currently reading:
General road trip

challenge is comming and i am looking forward.My girlfriend has a friend and see want us to go and spend this weekend with her. The trouble is that her friend lives in sunderland.
So people i have an anouncement to make.
This weekent I am driving to sunderland with my litle 1 litre uno. wish me luck because i am gonna need it.
To be safe i made an rac cover too, the one that if they can fix the car by the side of the road they carry you at you prefered destination. So if you see a white uno at the back of an rac truck that will be me !!!!lol.

i took my 70sx from london to manchester to visit family, whilst there decided to do a little touring of the lake district, having never been before. christ! roads going all over the place, weird cambers, bend angles, and usually all at the same time!!! but the 70 was good and didn't miss a beat, i would however put a box of bits in the boot as a precaution, nothing major but stuff like oil, water, etc

I took my uno all around the country with 3 other mates and all our luggage a couple of years back. It was a matter of sitting people in and packing stuff around us!

We went from Nottingham across to Birmingham, then right down to Cornwall, stopped for a few days, then went across the south of the country to Kent, then London, then back up the east to Nottingham and then finally Doncaster.

The Uno made light work of an 800 mile round trip, even with all the weight in it. The only thing was my starter motor stopped working, but if you have 3 mates to push start you its not a problem ;)

Good luck!

Phil

I'm planning road trip to France this summer. The idea came about just 'cos my insurance covers it and the ferry's cheap.

Enjoy it Phil. I do 200mile trips north/south all the time in my Uno. No problems at all.

Watch out for us lot going to Brooklands :)https://www.fiatforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39

icon2.gif
Remember all the usual pre long trip checks.

BTW I’m planning on taking an Uno to Zandvoort Holland. Not too sure about racing though.

As long as you remember to check the fluids levels and so on it should be fine. I used to make regular 500 - 600 round trips from Belfast in Northern Ireland to Tipperary in Southern Ireland in my 1994 Uno 1.1. It never once missed a beat and comfortably sat on the motorway keeping up with other traffic.

They're great little cars and if you look after them they look after you. Enjoy the trip. :)

This will be a nice trip. I took our Uno from mid-Norway to norh-Norway last summer. 1070 km (640 miles) in one stage, driving from early morning to late evening. No problem at all. Good tires, good brakes and most important: good seats (I swapped to turbo-seats). The car was fully loaded with crap, but was still capable of doing the most insane things on the road I wouldn´t dream a 50 bhp´er could do.

Morten.

Back