Technical Riiculously shaking when accelerating, also Engine mounts question

Currently reading:
Technical Riiculously shaking when accelerating, also Engine mounts question

It rounds similar to mine, it was a couple of years back, so can't remember the exact circumstances, I thought it was worn driveshaft cups, which was a recognised fault.

Having your tyres checked for balance and a wheel alignment would be my first port of call, and likely the cheapest option.
You are right, even though i think that is not the cause, i might as well give it a go, it truly is quite inexpensive and even if it isn't the cause of the problem, it's just one more thing i'lll be able to remove from the suspects list :p

Hey everyone,

I have an UPDATE!! I finally managed to fix the problem.

This week i bought from a local parts shop a driveshaft, the left-hand side one(gearbox side), fully complete and refurbished, so i went ahead and changed it this weekend.

The old one had a tear in the boot (gearbox side) and went like this for a long time, months really...and did many miles with no grease..very thoughtful from me isn't it?(n)

It was in a very bad state. The spider was completely shot and some of the rollers were nowhere to be seen, only the ball cases remained in place luckily, but were very loose.

SO after a test drive to see if everything was assembled correctly, it all seemed fine and the vibration(shutter/shakiness) was nowhere to be seen.:D

Only thing left is to change all the clutch assembly, including the flywheel. It is already on the way and i'm one step closer to a clutch-slipping free life :p(y)

Take care,

Rui louro

Back