Technical Ride height

Currently reading:
Technical Ride height

turnermr

I've just fitted a new leaf spring to my 500F restoration and the ride height is way to high at the front. Has anyone else experienced this ? is there a way to lower it , maybe remove a leaf?
thanks

Attachments

• Photo 19-03-2023, 15 46 40.jpg
    Photo 19-03-2023, 15 46 40.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 73
  • Photo 19-03-2023, 15 46 46.jpg
    Photo 19-03-2023, 15 46 46.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 49
I've just fitted a new leaf spring to my 500F restoration and the ride height is way to high at the front. Has anyone else experienced this ? is there a way to lower it , maybe remove a leaf?
thanks
Before you rush into 'modifying' anything, drive the car around a bit and let the spring settle---I assure you that it will. Do NOT remove a leaf from the spring---is it a '5 leaf' spring?

One thing worth checking, is to make sure you don't tighten the wishbone and spring eye bolts fully till you have the car on the floor at ride height. The rubber in the bushes has some resistance and can cause the suspension to ride high if the bolts are tightened with the wheels in the air.

One thing worth checking, is to make sure you don't tighten the wishbone and spring eye bolts fully till you have the car on the floor at ride height. The rubber in the bushes has some resistance and can cause the suspension to ride high if the bolts are tightened with the wheels in the air.
Golden rust is correct to point that detail out, but being that the wishbone nuts and 'spring-eye' bolts are difficult to get at when the car is on the ground with the wheels on, there is an alternative way to achieving the same 'end'. Before you finally tighten the top wishbone nuts and the spring-eye bolts, put a jack under the outer end of the spring and gently raise the jack up until the car starts to actually lift----THEN tighten everything up.

Thanks for the responses, It was on the lift when we fitted the spring , so loosened off and with the car on the floor and a bit of weight on the front before retightening has made a great improvement. I'll put a few miles on it and let it bed in

Back