Technical RHB4 Turbo oil feed thread size?

Currently reading:
Technical RHB4 Turbo oil feed thread size?

woj

Established member
Hi all,

I am at the stage of trying to figure out what exactly the oil feed thread on the RHB4 turbo is, googling to no avail. I have one (turbo that is) in the basement, an M10x1.5 bolt fits in nicely but it is somewhat loose, so that is not it I guess. Could this be some NPT thread, like 1/8? Have no clue about the non-metric things... :eek:

Im sure the oil feed Banjoes are a pretty standard size to the manufacture

I quick google search for "RHB4 turbo banjo bolt" threw up a eBay seller selling a line kit for that turbo with a banjo "M10x1.25mm"

Or even http://www.alibaba.com/product-free...hi_TD04_TD05_IHI_RHF4_RHB4_Turbochargers.html

"APPLICATION: Mitsubishi TD04, TD05/ IHI RHF4, RHB4 Turbochargers
INCLUDES: Steel Teflon line 104 cm with 4AN fitting / M10x1.25 mm (0.4375 in -24) Banjo Bolt Kit"

On t'other hand, you'd not expect a M10 x 1.5 thread to fit in a M10 x 1.25 hole. ;)

IIRC the tub is off a Uno, but I wonder if it might be the Garrett off a Mk.2, rather than the IHI off a Mk.1? IHI you'd expect to be metric, Garrett may well be Imperial.

In any event, if the end of the female thread has a conical seat, better to use a straight fitting rather than a banjo: the seat is supposed to create the seal.

No conical seat from what I can see. I did the same eBay search, but it is defo not M10x1.25. The trubo is off Opel TD 1.7.

I'd think it may well be a Garrett. The TD Astras certainly had them as standard fitment.

Any markings on the turbo?

A decent engineering shop is your best bet.

Yes, I know, I will be at one tomorrow and see...

It's defo IHI, it says so on the casing and I went to great lengths to find this particular one ;)

Yes, I know, I will be at one tomorrow and see...

It's defo IHI, it says so on the casing and I went to great lengths to find this particular one ;)

So, as it turns out it is M10x1.5 (but not M10x1.25 as eBay suggests). As the guy in the shop said the looseness is within normal limits. At the same time I think I already made friends there, which is an achievement considering I do not speak the local language almost at all. I have enough of my turbo project ready to start posting some pics soon :D

Back