Technical Reversing Sensors

Currently reading:
Technical Reversing Sensors

just for your info we have used these at work (accident repair centre) and they work fine - when I get mine I will see if i have reversing issues... if I do I will prob use one of these NO DRILLING just sticks on inside of bumper (can you get behind bumper without taking it off)

http://www.parkingsensors.co.uk/eps200.asp

You would have to buy uncoded and then spray with a can of paint from a Fiat dealer. I was going to do this (but in white obviously), but the colour they came in seemed good enough

It's powered from the reversing light feed, so is only active when your in reverse. When you select reverse you get one beep to tell you it is working and then it beeps as you approach an obstruction.

Thanks for the info! I'm seriously considering one of these now, is it easy to access the wiring for the reverse light? I've never done anything like this before, only installing an amp and sub!

No the bumper didn't have to come off. I literally did it within 90 minutes of collecting the car from the dealer. If you look behind the bumper there are some supports, but where you fit the sensors there is no backing. You literally cut the holes, push the sensors into place and feed the cables through the grommet in the spare wheel well in the boot. Plug the four sensors into the control box (they are labelled to say which is which), connect the power and your done. To keep it neat use cables ties and where the 4 sensor cables some into the boot wind insulation tape around it to form a loom upto the control unit.

There is no template, but I took the measurements off the showroom car with factory one's. I can easily sketch the key measurement to you on a drawing.

I have the expensive factory one's on my Land Rover and these are just as accurate at picking up obstructions.

I think if you could post a sketch of the measurements for the sensor spacing that would be great! I'm sure everyone who is considering these would be grateful. I would also be interested in how easy it is to access the wiring etc as Lloyd says.

I'll do some measurements and take a photo of the wiring and the colour of the reverse light feed. It really is very easy to do, the only suggestion I would make is to add a in line fuse to the kit for safety although it is covered by the fuse for the reverse light.

I have the standard FIat reversing sensors. Find them rather over-sensitive though, they bing away when i'm still miles from something... though probably better than not having them in my case!! We've got a tree and a lamppost either side of our drive and when I'm reversing off it can be deafening!

I think this is really cool... oddly I've just read an unrelated thread that said about connecting something to the reversing light power lead on a Stilo and a light went on in my head! Darn it, I wasn't going to spend any money on my car this month, but I'm tempted now....

Yes, was in retro fit foglamp thread :p

STOP PRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(That get your attention?).

If you want invisable parking sensors then search eBay for 'no hole parking sensors'.

Make the rear end look so much better as it will look no different!

Here is a guide on how they were fitted to my Stilo ;) (y)

https://www.fiatforum.com/members-motors/195364-meps-stilo.html?p=2169842

Sorry to hijack the thread, but think people should be aware of them incase they don't want sensors visable on their bumpers (y)

Back