Styling Reversing sensors and camera fitted

Currently reading:
Styling Reversing sensors and camera fitted

Got the reversing sensors and camera fitted a few days ago. Impressed with the camera, the screen has really good definition and doesn't look aftermarket. They were fitted by the company that Thames Motors Slough use, took less than a couple of hours to fit. All look like they were factory fitted. Very happy with them. The camera works well at night.

- Colin

y4mo5yZ1mo7RyrMr5jMEbrn-RugsCLf_M9Ah1yb9QpdxWGLHO1BLrGd7yfcNK1wcygxTjYbASEsE8O2mY0Eg2B1M4CcYsHA-C7gnSwBtpyqRt9jQYv6Az8-ppnx2oGxr5rDdFRkC58G9rZmKL60Vugq2xhAjU_n-s9q3j92ZzzU01w1MF07tvu4H94TuiJbRBju

y4muRtq0al7UN_QTi-tBhipuHtaWuLqT92nnu1NAhoXX-S8JYdE8NXh7RkojMqIAekhpcpDEkCdLsmIR7JbMm6cCPGkXjIVleK10ZU_W7ctKE1m1lB2L36PVXYn-ZKyCPkYSKd6RRHmHj7IOV-uaTHRRs6PIBHEepODBgVPEsQ3fnIlpzj1X_P6HiKRT9dvEiTB

y4maz5xSp02NtVyhOuIycCtH0oJweslC-CIvBDMxmctQBvsIu6BVnin6kxCfSLsDQ158rb5fNrm25RQPbMul6o32tAlTwS4BeEkQNNA15N7Yui9rm0RpZ9fiaWi0IYVeOVig1ZveF9L_A5quUfgRQj1XwuW9sVPD5LIbimqQutyfjyMPXm2KXlaAImHrJa-Flol

Wow looks really neat.

...But dare I ask, how much ££s?

Thanks! I believe they were £200 (or £250) for sensors and £250 for the camera. We didn't really need them, it was a bargaining ploy, that we were called on. They had the car in stock, and we knew it didn't come with reversing sensors, so to try and drive the price down we said we really wanted one with them. Salesman said that he could get some fitted and would throw them in. He then mentioned that they could also fit a reversing camera with the display in the mirror, but we would have to pay for that.

I'm a geek and thought it was cool and wanted it :eek: so we went for it. I think if we ever come to sell the car, whilst it won't increase the price, it'll make the car stand out. Making it easier to sell.

- Colin

I'm a geek and thought it was cool and wanted it :eek: so we went for it. I think if we ever come to sell the car, whilst it won't increase the price, it'll make the car stand out. Making it easier to sell.

- Colin

Thanks for that, Colin (nothing wrong with being a geek in my books! (y))

You're right of course, it will certain help to clinch a deal when you come to part with it

Looks like a very neat job! Very factory fitted look. Does the mirror function as normal when reversing camera is not on?
I have reverse sensors fitted on mine as standard on the Antarctica model. But the camera would be really useful.

Looks like a very neat job! Very factory fitted look. Does the mirror function as normal when reversing camera is not on?
I have reverse sensors fitted on mine as standard on the Antarctica model. But the camera would be really useful.

Yes, looks (and works) like a normal mirror. You don't notice that it's a screen when not in reverse and it's not too reflective when the screen is on.

- Colin

So is it a whole new mirror with the screen system built in or is the screen put in your old mirror?
The Panda is actually great to park in the smallest of spaces, with the almost flat rear end and very snub nose and steering so light makes light work of reverse parallel parking. The reverse sensors are super sensitive, they even start beeping if you get close to the curb, the rate they beep you'd imagine you were inches off the car behind but in reality there is a 3ft gap lol.
A camera would be great though, extra peace of mind and another gadget to play with!

Last edited:
Looks really good! Any details as to who manufactured the reversing camera kit? I's like to do this to my 2017 TA.
Cheers

Mark

Back