Technical Reversing lights

Currently reading:
Technical Reversing lights

Question I know reversing lights are not at the moment tested at MOT what if I use a flasher can that is adjustable so in other words the reversing lights would come on and off when reverse gear is selected, this is to draw attention to the fact the car IS reversing would the police be unhappy with this setup?

I'm repositioning the reversing lights on another car and the rear LED lamp cluster's are configured for a L/H/D car so I need the extra fog light in place of the reversing light in that cluster, that's reason to fit some LED white light units in a different location on the car. I could just leave them static.

Question I know reversing lights are not at the moment tested at MOT what if I use a flasher can that is adjustable so in other words the reversing lights would come on and off when reverse gear is selected, this is to draw attention to the fact the car IS reversing would the police be unhappy with this setup?

I'm repositioning the reversing lights on another car and the rear LED lamp cluster's are configured for a L/H/D car so I need the extra fog light in place of the reversing light in that cluster, that's reason to fit some LED white light units in a different location on the car. I could just leave them static.

Can't imagine any of our few remaining Bobbies being much interested in these sorts of technicalities even if they are present at the moment they activate.:devil:

Design something MOTable, logical and effective and job done. Sounds interesting though - are you allowed to share a photo or two with us?

Hi Allen,
Would audible reversing alarm be better in terms of drawing attention? I can get you one for £10 plus postage. Panda size case with up to 100dB soound output. Sound like Grrrrr-Grrrrr-Grrrrr not the spoken 'warnig vehicle is reversing'.

i have a few audio reversing beepers and a voice one.. but i want to make my own "glitching" sounding voice reverse waning siren :D

i cant see any issue with the reversing light being keyed into the hazard lights.. it falls well within the use of the hazard lights.

why not just get a cheap LED lamp and wire that in? you could mount it to your tow bar or maybe near your step if this is going on your trekking...

i may have stolen your idea...

Last edited:
Back