Technical Reversing Camera on Fiat Ducatto radio/nav display when travelling.

Currently reading:
Technical Reversing Camera on Fiat Ducatto radio/nav display when travelling.

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

Rohsman

I have a motorhome on a 2019 ducatto chassis and have a reversing camera fitted that displays on the radio/nav screen. It works off the reverse gear but I want to turn it on when travelling to check scooter rack or anything being towed. Is there an easy way to do this?

I can think of possible simple ways to achieve the desired result. However I do not wish to be in the vicinity of any driver examining his load while driving at upto 70mph.

I can think of possible simple ways to achieve the desired result. However I do not wish to be in the vicinity of any driver examining his load while driving at upto 70mph.
Not sure that is an appropriate response, you look in the mirror to see vehicles behind, not a lot to difference IMHO. I don't imagine the driver is going to stare endlessly at the scooter, but an occasional glance as you would when observing the traffic behind is a safe thing to do to ensure it is secure and not going to become a danger to other road users.

I have a solid bulkhead in my Ducato so I can't see out of the rear, I have fitted a TFT screen where the mirror would normally be placed, as soon as the ignition is on it comes on and shows a clear view to the rear. Wouldn't want to be with out it.

When the camera comes on the radio/nav display senses it and switches the screen over to it
The camera will be powered through the reversing light circuit.
You need to disconnect that and power it through a separate switch
If are lucky you find the right wires straightaway........

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back