Technical Reversing cam

Currently reading:
Technical Reversing cam

Bought a dash cam (somewhat necessary here!) which also has a reversing cam; my parking sensors don't work, no idea why. The instructions say fit this over the number plate which means attached to the tail gate and then connected to the reversing light feed. And then of course it has to connect to the cam itself - and I wonder how to route the cable...
I've never attempted this kind of wiring so if anyone has any advice, I'd be grateful!

Bought a dash cam (somewhat necessary here!) which also has a reversing cam; my parking sensors don't work, no idea why. The instructions say fit this over the number plate which means attached to the tail gate and then connected to the reversing light feed. And then of course it has to connect to the cam itself - and I wonder how to route the cable...
I've never attempted this kind of wiring so if anyone has any advice, I'd be grateful!
No help with the rest, but re reversing sensors I had them fail on a 4x4 Skoda and I read that if you put it in reverse with ignition on (not running ;)) and put your ear to each sensor one after the other then you will hear a clicking noise on the good ones, the one that doesn't click is the duff sensor.
This actually works, I got a new one from eBay via France for £20 and fixed the problem.
Camera is good too.:)

Back