Technical reverse row sensors

Currently reading:
Technical reverse row sensors

Hey!

Question: I recently became the owner of a Fiat Croma 2008 2.2
I want to replace the radio. (radio model Fiat 194 CD SB 05) For an aftermarket double din radio.

The sound of the reverse row of sensors fortunately does not come from the speakers. This comes from the dashboard.

I also think that the radio has no influence on the operation and sound of the reverse row of sensors. Does anybody have experience with this?

Friendly thanks!

Trying to remember from when I installed all my tow bar electrics (no longer have car to verify). I'm fairly sure you are correct in that the reversing sensor sounds are emitted from the body computer/instrument cluster and not the radio.

A check you need to make is to go through EVERY setup menu on the Fiat unit both with Ignition Off and Ignition On to see if there are any other vehicle (non radio) related menus.

On the Fiat 500X (for example) a lot of the car setup menus (not related to radio, media play, phone and Sat Nav are only available on the uConnect unit.

Thanks for the information!

What means a proxi-alignment ?

What is the reason that the odometer is flashing when i take the radio out ?

EDIT

I even looked it up, I know what it means.

If I describe it correctly, the car misses the car radio (on the canbus)
and therefore needs a calibration?

Last edited:
Thanks for the information, I disconnected the radio and even drove a few laps. No flashing odometer. I have expanded the radio again and everything works well again.

I have tested the reverse row of sensors with the radio disconnected. Beep works fine

I have an ELM 327 Bluetooth module. I had already installed the free version of MES. I do not need it yet. Interesting what can be done with it, but it can also be dangerous.

Can you also do a Proxi alignment with the free version, or do you have to buy the PRO

Last edited:
Back