Respray quandary

Currently reading:
Respray quandary

L

LeeH

Hiya folks.

My old man backed into my motor not so long ago and damaged the O/S wing.

Have finally got round to buying a second hand one, unfortunately not the same colour.

Now im unsure as to what to do next...

I had a new boot put on a couple of years back and just had the boot sent off on its own. BUt when I put it on the colour differnece was slightly obvious. I was assured it was a full paint match and the sprayer also came highly regarded.

Ive recently been advised that when having a new panel fitted you should always give the car so they can fit the panel and the carry the spray onto the other panels to componsate for the colour difference.

Thing is its the difference between £100 to just have wing sprayed or £200 to have them spray, fit it and do this supposed merge spraying??

Anybody with expereince got advise on this??

Thanks
(apologease for the essay)

My car had this done, but they took the closest paint match from a 2000 car, and blended the bonnet and passenger door, in my eyes i would of rather the just the wing not match as now half my bonnet and half my passenger door is slightly darker than the rest and very noticeable to me, and also had thi sdone on a previous car on teh back door whoch looked crap too slightly lighter blue on my back wing and drivers door so was npt impressed.

I am currently thinking about re-painting the whole car to rectify this and other problems.

cheers
robin

NEWSIG.jpg
[/IMG]
Fiat Marea Weekend 2.0 20v HLX 147 83k and so far so good!

Down & Out Stickers available only here bravo and marea weekend only £5 incl delivery

when you get panels sprayed you should always take the whole car co they can get an exact colour match, dont forget over years cars fade ,

a good sprayer will match this

when your looking at an older car with a newly painted panel a careful eye can see it.

a professional sprayer would ideally blow into the panel next to it a small amount, and then re laquer over a slightly larger area than what was blown over to try and blend it in slightly better.

it all depends on the colour of your motor, as some of the fiat colours are a stage 1 pearl, and are quite difficult to match 100%.

when the cars were made in factory they may have been sprayed in a certain direction, and if not resprayed in the same direction then they will stand out more to the eye when seen in the right light.

My advice would be to give the car in with the new panel and expect the best possible job. Or if your not as fussy just give the panel in on its own and save a bit of money.

hope this is of help to ya mate.

when your looking at an older car with a newly painted panel a careful eye can see it.

a professional sprayer would ideally blow into the panel next to it a small amount, and then re laquer over a slightly larger area than what was blown over to try and blend it in slightly better.

it all depends on the colour of your motor, as some of the fiat colours are a stage 1 pearl, and are quite difficult to match 100%.

when the cars were made in factory they may have been sprayed in a certain direction, and if not resprayed in the same direction then they will stand out more to the eye when seen in the right light.

My advice would be to give the car in with the new panel and expect the best possible job. Or if your not as fussy just give the panel in on its own and save a bit of money.

hope this is of help to ya mate.

Cheers for the comments folks.

Think i'll give them the whole care and hope for the best.

Although still got to find another wing as dealer who was getting me the other one, damged it taking it off :eek:/