Replacing central lock wireless system with OEM one

Currently reading:
Replacing central lock wireless system with OEM one

thecompass

Hi all,

First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm a Fiat 500 owner from Spain.

A couple of years ago I lost my main remote key. I went to Fiat to get a copy but they told me it'd cost me more than 300 euro. Since I don't mind getting my hands dirty, I decided to buy one of those OEM Keyless Entry Systems. Namely one labeled as MN-300D with BMW style keys.

It comes with a very basic wiring diagram that I think I can handle, but the problem comes when trying to look for the right wires in the car. I even got myself a workshop manual to have everything clear, but it's still a bit away from my knowledge.

I was wondering if anyone could give me a hand with this and tell me where to find the central lock wires and how to install everything.

Here are a few pics with the exact system and the wiring diagram:

caja.jpg

pagina01.jpg

pagina02.jpg

pagina02detalle.jpg

Thanks a lot!!

Still nothing? I just need to locate the original central locking unit. Is it in the fuse panel? In the driver's door?

Thanks.

CDL​
:
. negative common.single wire control
but your diagram does not show one

VIOLET-ORANGE​
0,35 mm2 Connector: GREY 20-way fixed at the

back of the driver side kickplate

Ian

Could you please elaborate a bit more?

My kickplate's not removable. I mean, to remove it, I'd have to take out the seat and the whole left part of the floor. Is it possible that those wires can be located somewhere else in my version? I found several multi-pin plugs on the left side of the pedals and a couple below the driver's seat.

Thanks a lot.

Hi there. I have just fitted one of these to my Barchetta and it's working fine. The job isn't helped by the wiring diagram having a mistake in it ! You will find that you can't unlock but can lock with the connections given.

The job isn't difficult except that you have to work in confined spaces ....

I was going to make YouTube video showing how to do it, but if you would like to send me a Private Message I can easily give you the condensed version (assuming that you don't yet have it sorted).

Please let me know. Good luck.

Back