General Replacing a lightbulb in the centre console

Currently reading:
General Replacing a lightbulb in the centre console

I Had this problem a few weeks ago, hit the fan panel and the light would work again. You have to take out the stereo, then undo 2 x star headed screws, there are then 4 clips at the top of the panel that need lifting to free the panel AND 4 at the bottom of the panel which I didnt see (3 broke) but I replaced the bulb and it all went back together ok

To avoid damaging the lower clips (as I also did, however, is not noticeable when all put back together) you need to remove the lower screws which are hidden behind a lower piece of trim located under the centre console, immediately below and under the heater switch controls. This allows the complete unit to be pulled forward.

I couldn't get that panel off to gain access to the screws, so I wasnt actually sure if it was meant to.

I couldn't get that panel off to gain access to the screws, so I wasnt actually sure if it was meant to.

It is quite hard to remove. You need to put two flat tools (like butter knives) into the gap at the front, and lever it down until the two plastic lugs are free at the front of the panel, then you push down on the knives quite firmly and the two large clips come free. Refitting is dead easy.

Ive got that problem, just giv it a wack and it coms back on

Same problem that i had. Took it to the dealer and they fitted a new circuit board which cured it. It seemed it was a known problem to them as they had done a few lately. All done under warranty.

Last edited:
Back