Replacement for the Bob Air Intake

Currently reading:
Replacement for the Bob Air Intake

Popped down to adams workshop today to see uncle bob had a blast in the seicento it has made the car much more driveable and responsive !

Good work mate shame my car cant use one ...... forgot to try the 45deg bend you had tho !!

Adz

I will try and arrange alternative colours, but this may affect the cost.

Can we get an idea of the most popular colour, as i really dont car what colour they are!!!

Choices are Red / Blue / Black i think.

Maybe black would be best as it is neutral enough for most??????

Answers on a postcard please.

Some more pics

Added the 2" pipework and 90degree bend to feed cold air from lower down.

Currently using drainpipe, but will be looking at aluminium pipe this week.

New air filter collected today. Will get it on the car next week.

Nearly ready for dyno testing!!!!

bob4.jpg

bob5.jpg

bob6.jpg

black would be nice. I actually use my car so the engine bay gets dirty and all my blue hoses look nasty. but either way im not fussed :)

Then it wouldnt matter it it were blue then! Surely, the only time you lift the bonnet is to change the oil and plugs! :D

I may also get the water hoses made in silicone. Thoughts?

Then it wouldnt matter it it were blue then! Surely, the only time you lift the bonnet is to change the oil and plugs! :D

I may also get the water hoses made in silicone. Thoughts?

i mean my turbo is used loads so gets filthy but been a turbo cinq it spends a great deal of time with the bonnet up :rolleyes:

Dont think the water hoses are worth doing.
us turbo guys all seem to set up differant and there are no advantages for any standard cinqs.

Also you can buy the cross part from fiat and use already exsisting silicone hoses to make them up yourself (y)

just add my two bob to the colour discussion, i must say i've seen alot more red GSR's than any other colour but they come in others as far as i know.

Blue and red are generally the most used colours in my experience.

If i were you i would get one of your prototypes on a standard 1108 and get it on a dyno, run the same car with a standard airbox and a GSR. When you can show the figures i'm am sure you will sell lots of these. I'd then get a batch of blue and red (maybe black but i don't see many tbh) done. I'm sure you will not have a problem selling them at all if you can show the figures.

I'm sure wherever your getting them from could do them in any colour so perhaps offer blue and red @ set price and then any other colour can be sold at an extra cost, obviously you'd have to talk to your supplier to see how much more but seems reasonable to me.

i expect signwerx is only going to be selling the blue piece as you see in the pics. many others will have to build the rest of the kit up and choose the best place for it to be located so i personally dont think signwerx should go to the trouble of building a full kit for you and no one else. people might have different ideas where they want the kit to go so its only fair you do as much work as every1 else.

Just a quick one.

I have bought a standard 1108 seicento SPI which I will be using for testing alongside my own sei.

sei.jpg

I will be testing the standard airbox alongside the gsr kit and then uncle bob.

Does this meet with everyones approval?????

thanks

adam

i expect signwerx is only going to be selling the blue piece as you see in the pics. many others will have to build the rest of the kit up and choose the best place for it to be located so i personally dont think signwerx should go to the trouble of building a full kit for you and no one else. people might have different ideas where they want the kit to go so its only fair you do as much work as every1 else.

I'm happy to supply kits, but one off is not worth doing!

I am getting aluminium pipe sorted for my sample with a nice steady bend.

Air filter is ready.

But as you rightly say, it is up to you what you do with them. I have done the tricky (and expensive) bit. Lets see who can get the bes tpower improvement.

I am also looking at doing a silicone water hose kit to replace all standard hoses. Any takers?

Adam

this thread is looking more an more like an ad, i belive custard gave you a link of how to pay to do that above!

There are many on here that think the same when you continually advertise two traders on here neither of which are paying for the privilege..:idea: is this a case of ok for them and you but not for others..

Last edited:
Back