Repairing a cracked alloy

Currently reading:
Repairing a cracked alloy

Well, my mrs has busted an alloy on the 306. problem is they aint the peugeot ones, theyre AZ Karisma wheels, and i cant find a singular one.

The damage is that it is cracked on the inside edge about an inch into it, its also slightly buckled. Shes admitted tw4tting it one on a kerb about 3 week back but it stood still until i used it for work last week and this week and it went flat yesterday... twice.... quickly.

a local firm has said they can repair the wheel if its not too badly buckled and weld up the crack. My knowledge of welding isnt that great, but my engineering knowledge tells me this cant be good. anyone had it done?

Well, my mrs has busted an alloy on the 306. problem is they aint the peugeot ones, theyre AZ Karisma wheels, and i cant find a singular one.

The damage is that it is cracked on the inside edge about an inch into it, its also slightly buckled. Shes admitted tw4tting it one on a kerb about 3 week back but it stood still until i used it for work last week and this week and it went flat yesterday... twice.... quickly.

a local firm has said they can repair the wheel if its not too badly buckled and weld up the crack. My knowledge of welding isnt that great, but my engineering knowledge tells me this cant be good. anyone had it done?
These things cant really be 100% fixed, there is always the possibility it might flare up again.

Its really up to you if you want to risk it.....I wouldn't!! My advice is keep looking for a replacement :)

My friend cracked an alloy one two of his cars, Cinqucento with aftermarket wheels, multispoke, and a 156 with standard multispoke wheels. Not sure on the extent of the crack but on the 156 it was enough to not be drivable and it got fixed.

Back