Technical Remote control option or not?

Currently reading:
Technical Remote control option or not?

frciy86

Hi Guy,

Need some advice from you. I had some engine ecu problems and decided to buy a second hand starter kit (engine ecu, body comp, fuse box, key and immo ring)for my 02 1.6 petrol Stilo. Ok so i found the kit, bought it, but the bloke did't had the key code card and only had a normal key, without the remote control button, but ensure me that the car had a remote control, but he lost it.

Ok, long story how can I tell via Eper, or some other database using the VIN number that the body comp. has or has not integrated the remote control option (I have a remote control key that I want to program via MES to my car).

Thank you for the answer.

P.S. can someone provide me a pic of a body comp. that it taken out of its shell? (not the bak part, the front with the connection sockets)

Last edited:
If it help this is the VIN number of the donor car:

ZFA19200000021057

Please, I would really appreciate is someone could help me.

Thank you guys.

The VIN you've posted is for a 3 door Active/Air-Con built on 29/09/2001. The Body Computer for it should be part number 51715862, but there's no way to tell from ePER if it came from a car with Remote Control. ePER lists several BCs for the Stilo but none are shown as specific for R/C, therefore I suspect that all BCs have the capability of R/C.

These are internal pictures of the Body Computer.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Pictures Credit: Shadeyman

Thank you Davren, I knew I could count on you.

One more little thing.
In the first pic , in the upper left corner there is a small eeprom or processor, what is that for according to the wiring diagram, because I don't have that in my body comp.

Thank you for the answer again.

Back