General Remote Central Locking

Currently reading:
General Remote Central Locking

Just bought a 1996 Cinq Sporting and I want to fit remote central locking to it.

I've done a search and I'm getting conflicting answers.

Does the Fiat (yellow) RCL relay fit the Cinq? Or is there another kit I need to buy?

Thanks in advance.

the fiat yellow relay kit doesnt fit, iv got the instructions here and the cinq isnt listed for it.

as far as im aware they dont do remote locking for the cinq, i think your be best to buy one of these universal kits off ebay, there easy to fit when connecting upto normal central locking.

Seriously, rcl kit off ebay is p!ss easy to fit, only took me 2 cups of tea to fit mine and 1 was while i was sat in my lounge reading the instructions and the haynes!(y)

The central locking control relay thingy is under the passenger side of the dash and all the wires for the rcl can be tapped in there.
All in one place!
Gets no easier!
Really!
:D

One I got was the cheapest rcl kit I could find on the bay.
Not really any recommendations. If you're going for an alarm you really just need something that's gonna make a lot of noise if it's triggered and not give loads of false alarms.
I've fitted tons of different makes of alarms and the only ones I wouldn't recommend are the ones that are sold as easy fit, only x wires to connect and clifford. Every clifford I've fitted and all but 1 that's been brought to me for fault repair has started misbehaving at about 1.5 years old.
It's a personal thing but I just don't rate em for reliability.

Back