Tuning Remapping

Currently reading:
Tuning Remapping

LeeMK

Hello, I have a punto gp 1.9 sporting and thinking of remapping it I no the benefits like more bhp and torque but would I have to upgrade anything I.e clutch etc.... Thanks lee

Hahahaha I think I drive it well :/ Ohhh I see is it that likely to happen if I just get a remap? Cos that's all I want tuning wise!! Other than that I wanna do styling mods

Hahahaha I think I drive it well :/ Ohhh I see is it that likely to happen if I just get a remap? Cos that's all I want tuning wise!! Other than that I wanna do styling mods

Depends,
The clutch will go depending on how you drive, you have hill holder so you don't need to ride the clutch on a hill and such, no wheel spins, no high revving double declutching, and it will be fine.

The gearbox is an oddball, as reuuk taught me, ;), don't use power in 6th gear, and try not to rag the car in 1st and 2nd gear below 2k revs too much as you're at max torque at low revs, not good.

Change the box oil with some fuchs sintofluid 75w80 before you go for more power, will helps loads.

I'll be fitting my new hybrid turbo next week and going for a custom map, should see 210bhp and loads of torque, torque needs to be limited though for the boxs sake.

On the stock turbo, both decats, cone filter (honda s2000 filter with a reducer is best) egr blank, and preferably a larger intercooler, you'll see 170/180bhp from a map.
Engine is good for 250bhp before it can't breath anymore because of the 8v, but the box wont let it go past 220 anyway.

Hope that's answered absolutely everything hahah

Hahaha I had to read it a couple of times to take it all in!! But yeah cheers tho u have answered my question, my hill holder dont work but I herd that it's linked to my reverse light switch don't know if that's true :/ reverse light don't work lol so gotta wait till end of the month to get it remapped :( so gonna get the wheels sprayed first!!

quick question for Kyle96, im new to the forum looking at modifying my punto. i just read that you are getting a hybrid turbo installed, where do you get one of these from can i ask ??

regards

Harry
Orange 1.9 Mjet Owner

See
quick question for Kyle96, im new to the forum looking at modifying my punto. i just read that you are getting a hybrid turbo installed, where do you get one of these from can i ask ??

regards

Harry
Orange 1.9 Mjet Owner

Hi mate nice to see another tango mjet ;) the best place by far would be a place called cdti surgery (search them on facebook, their website is being remade) send em an inbox about it. I think normal price is 550 quid and you send your old turbo back to them, and that's an absolute bargain when it comes to hybrids! That will see you 220bhp at best, that's the most the car can take :)

Also have a look at my members motors thread, I'm gonna put some picks of the new turbo on

I got my punto ss remapped and it's now running 210bhp and had no drama with it atall, they have the same gearbox as the corsa vxr and there 200 bhp standard so should be fine, only thing is you HAVE To use supermen 99 fuel else she won't run well ha, but well worth doing, hope I helped :)

For richmoore, how have you got this power output can I ask. Is this just off remap and air induction kit or is it remap,induction kit and a turbo upgrade

Harry

Just the remap bud, funny cause allot of people don't expect the power but I've got 143mph outa her so defo worth the remap, just beware of the torque steer ha!! Rather bad but also fun ha!!

Back