Technical Regarding multipla recall.

Currently reading:
Technical Regarding multipla recall.

alex2297

Hi,

I've just seen that there was a recall on certain multipla chassis numbers. I've discovered that my Multipla should have been one of those to be recalled but I've only just purchased the vehicle and I do not know if this has been done. There is a really noticible knocking sound coming from the front which leads me to think that it has not been rectified. Does anyone know if there was a deadline in which the car needed to go back to Fiat or is it an ongoing matter?

Cheers

Simply phone your Fiat dealer, have the chassis number ready and they will tell you if its been done. As far as i am aware there is no time limit on recalls. They will let you know if there is!

What is the recall you refer too? I assume front springs, if so they are unlikely to be the cause of your knocking. It is far more likely to be either your front anti roll bar bushes or the anti roll bar link arms, do a forum search and you will find many posts on both subjects.

Thanks for the reply.
I got the car looked at by ATS when i first got it as the noise was apparent. They checked it and said they couldn't see anything that was noticeable and that it was probably just something loose within a suspension arm and that it was nothing to worry about. That said, its making for quite a noisy ride and when i saw the thread about the suspension recall, i thought it might be related.
I'll call fiat tomorrow and see what they say.

Did you buy it from a Garage/trader or privately?

If bought from a garage you may have a case for free repairs if you bought it recently, even if bought without a warranty your statutory rights cover you.

I bought it just over 6 months ago from a trader so i think i'm probably to late to go down that route unfortunately.

Yes, too late im afraid, I had wondered about your definition of just bought. If it had been more recently then you might have had a chance.

Well theres still fiat to try.
The knocking noise is only when going over bumps or uneven road surfaces and it sounds as though its only on the right side. Does that sound like it could be the front anti roll bar bushes or the anti roll bar link arms?

As far as i am aware there is no time limit on recalls. They will let you know if there is!

recalls (campaigns) do close eventually depending on individual recall.

Well theres still fiat to try.
The knocking noise is only when going over bumps or uneven road surfaces and it sounds as though its only on the right side. Does that sound like it could be the front anti roll bar bushes or the anti roll bar link arms?

you dont say how old the car is? however it is very likely you will have to pay.

Back