red key question.

Currently reading:
red key question.

O

ollie

im looking to buy a hgt and have found one for 1150 with 62000 on the clock and full leather, only prob he hasnt got the red key and is saying he never got given one when he bought it from the dealer. do you think i should go for it or walk away cheers

its gone this long not needing it- why should it need it now. My dads brava has gone 110k without needing one. For that price its well worth it. as the cost of fiats is so low now, the red key is not so much of an issue

red key

Go for it, Not many people on here have had to use the red key. You can get a spare key using the blue one. Try and knock him down a bit if you can using that as an excuse but really, too much is made of the red key now

hehe, i didnt look at the price, with all the negative press about not having the red key i'd go bahhhh and be a sheep avoiding it, but hey, never needed it for my brava and bravo so why not?

But remember you always need what you havent got

Lozz

BooBanner.jpg

just went to look at it and i love it, it's in top condition for its age and has only done 62000. but still got that little doubt due to no red key dont know what to do?

Red key shmed shmee..

I dont have a red key, i wouldn't know what it did if it came to me and slapped me square in the eyes.

I dont have one, and to be different, I dont want one.. muahaha.

What actually IS the purpose of the talked about red key. Something to do with the code?

siggy.jpg

"My mother once told me a man would **** a snake if you held its head" DangerMouse + Jemini - Ghetto Pop Life

for programming the ecu to accept new coded keys. rather irrelevent considering you can get the blue keys "cloned" at timpsons so you dont actually need to programme them in...

er, ive had an engine change n various other things... not needed one in nearly 3 years (crosses fingers) just make sure you knock about £300 off and explain why! ;)

i'd say give her a go

Jay

if its the same as the Honda red key, its the learning key. you need it if you lose your keys/ add keys/ delete keys to your immobi system.

you'd need fiats diagnostic system to do any of that tho - they'd probably charge you a fortune.

company im in makes the honda diagnostic system and the honda got 4 differant styles of immobiliser, and only one of them requires a red key.

So im guessing it does the same for fiat.