My new motor & question about insurance.

Currently reading:
My new motor & question about insurance.

G

Garry

Hey all!

I've not been a big contributor on here, but it's helped me many times! Had my lovely Bravo for 6 years then my Punto for 2 more, but now the time has come to move on, so thanks for all the advice, tips and tricks.

Here is the new beast:
jag1.jpg

My question is; I'm a few months in to my insurance policy, and I called for a quote for my new car and they want £1000 more! After shopping around I found a full year for £700, so obviously I want to move.

Am I likely to get cash back from my current insurance? The car I'm getting comes with a weeks free insurance, if I don't buy my own insurance right away, will I lose my NBC?

Thanks!

Garry

457535096_8da3f5820d.jpg

ok, don't take this a gospel but from my experience....

1) you should get a pro-rater refund of your insurance MINUS any admin fee's.

if you insure with a broker they will take loads! Adrian flux took over £400 off in admin for 11 days insurance! They lost 7 other cars from me & family that year.

2) you will loose your current years No Claims bonus only... and will start again when you buy your new insurance. ie. if you had 5 years already and ur on your 6th year, you will go back to 5years and start ur 6th year again.

in the case of Adrian Flux I was due an £80 refund on my £500 insurance if I canceled. BUT if i insured another cheaper car they wouldn't take anything off.... so I insured an old ford ka we had on the farm which doesn't go on the road and they sent me just over £300 back!!!!!

Still left them just out of principle!

you must see if your new insurer will "mirror" any NCB if you do like me. I went to a company car so didn't matter.

Who you currently insured with??

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

Cheers for that! Ahhh, I'm with The Flux too, so I can expect not much back.

Garry

457535096_8da3f5820d.jpg

I think it being based on a Mondeo is a good thing! Hopefully cheaper parts, but nicer to look at :)

Kris, how's things?? The job is alright aye thanks. Got quite a decent deal on this car, don't pay much more than I did for the Punto, better MPG, cheaper road tax, all good! I saw you at work the other day but you looked busy!

its only the lower spec that is based on the mondeo, if its the higher 3.0 spec everythin is different