General Recommendations for where to source parts for older cars

Currently reading:
General Recommendations for where to source parts for older cars

lettieiw

Hi tried searching for existing threads on this but couldn't find any. I have 2 fiats currently in the garage failing mots. One is a Fiat Punto 2005 and the needs a new power steering motor. I've been trying to find a replacement new/used but the only ones that seem to be available are the ones with the relays, mine doesn't have these. Any recommendations on good, reliable fiat parts suppliers for older fiats would be welcome.

I got the 2005 mk2b model without the relays and I had the same problem when I got the car. I managed to find a used one on ebay (with Virgin ECU *SO THEY SAID*) fitted it the day it came, still had same problem. So I sent it back, got my money back an thought not to use eBay again for parts unless they’re brand new.

DONT GET A USED ONE FROM EBAY

I got mine from a site called ECU TESTING. If you wanna have a lifetime guarantee then you have to send your old unit to them when you’ve received the new unit.

https://www.ecutesting.com/product-catalogue/fiat/punto/power-steering-eps-electric-power-steering/
I got mine from here in the end^^
ABSOLUTE TOP NOTCH SERVICE

The one I got from that website has been in my car for the past year and half, haven’t had any problems with it at all. Tbh I completely forgot I even had this problem to begin with but with the help of ECU TESTING I had it all sorted the same day I received my new unit.

Any questions you have on fitting it just reply with the question and I’ll get back to you asap

*EDIT* I forgot to mention, make sure you match the new ECU code with the old one to make sure you don’t run into anymore problems down the road.
For example: my old unit had 1077 written on the ECU so I made sure that the new one I bought had the same 1077 code written on there

Back