recoding a 2nd hand flip key

Currently reading:
recoding a 2nd hand flip key

nuova5oo

I have a 2010 500 lounge ad I was really put out when I found out that the new car only came with one flip key/ remote and a standard type key.

Since buying the car, I have been given a used flip key/ remote that is the same as my original. I have had the blade replaced with a new blank ready for cutting and now all i need to know is if it can be recoded to match my car. I have spoken to a couple of dealerships, one says it can be done the other says that it cannot.

Does anyone know for certain if a 2nd hand remote/flip key can be recoded?

it would save me the fortune fiat want for a new one.

the Key Can be cut from places like timpsons for about a 5er

As for Key coding - i dowt it'll be easy to program the Immboliser chip without paying a few good pennies from Fiat - or a decent Auto-Electrician

and then getting it to work with As a remote is another task all-together

Ziggy

Cant you go to a locksmith and ask them? If he says he can do it and it doesnt work, get a refund because it was faulty and hes mislead you into buying something that is useless. Worst thing that could happen is that you loose out on however much the flip key was

Keys are related to car, they need to be pre-coded. If the key is second hand, it will very likely contain data specific to another car...

Timpsons now have the equipment to do this so its not only fiat you have to go to

Back