Technical rebuilding my 127 :)

Currently reading:
Technical rebuilding my 127 :)

nader127

hello guys...
im ahead on starting my project in my sweet 127 MKIII...and i didnt find somewhere esle as good as here to get ideas and recomandations from so lets see what i want to do and give me ur suggestions:

FIRST: the Engine:
im thinking of the 1300 from the lancia,or the 1500 from the regata or the Strada...are these engines worth to be done..or are there any other options??

SECOND: the Body of the car:
as u know through time the body gets weaker and weaker, because the weldiing points loose their effieciency....to get a new engine there must be some reinforcments in the body especialy the front quarter....is it enough to put just upper and lower struts, as well as welding the small cracks in the inner fender(i found them recntly)...and what else do u recommend me?

THIRD: the brakes:
ofcourrse the 903cc brakes isnt efficient at all for a bigger engine(because it doesnt stop the 903cc:D )..so what is the best car to get brakes from it...

FOURTH: suspension:
what to do???:) .

sooo what do ya think guys...give me ur thoughts about my car...thnx aloot..

cheers(y)

Stuartl said:
Restore it to original condition as there are so few of them left knowing you saved one for future generations. :D

I'm restoring a mk2 127 Sport.
Already Done!!:) ...its one of the rarest, clean, stock 127 MK3 around here;) u can see its pics in yahoo groups (fiat 127 group)...
but im in a bad need for faster acc. more top speed..better stability...

nader127 said:
Already Done!!:) ...its one of the rarest, clean, stock 127 MK3 around here;) u can see its pics in yahoo groups (fiat 127 group)...
but im in a bad need for faster acc. more top speed..better stability...

Excellent good to see. If you go onto the Fiat Gb forum a put a post up there, there is a guy called Rob miller that posts on there and he seem to know all there is about 127's. I'd say he the man to tell you how to get more from your car. :)

Stuartl said:
Excellent good to see. If you go onto the Fiat Gb forum a put a post up there, there is a guy called Rob miller that posts on there and he seem to know all there is about 127's. I'd say he the man to tell you how to get more from your car. :)
thanks alot stuart for the advice but could u give the link of tis forum, becz i searched for it and no results:)

hey guys..thought i'd let you know! i'm going to restore my father's fiat 127 mk1 1977 model! i simply love it..my father offered me a choice of having our fiat punto mk1 or the 127 and i chose the 127! it's as like it's part of my life!

i'll keep you posted on updates! hope i can put a picture of my car on the web soon ;) :D

Back