Technical Rear wiper motor shaft removal- followed guide

Currently reading:
Technical Rear wiper motor shaft removal- followed guide

crazypierre

Hi,
I've followed the Guide on the rear wiper motor shaft unseizing which is great.

I'm at the point where I've removed the plastic cover (the one with the 4 little bolts and I can see the insides of the mechanism.). I have the motor assembly on my bench with the shaft in its plastic sleeve pointing upwards.

Does the metal shaft come out via the inside of the assembly or via the outside part?

IE: which side of the shaft do I hit? The threaded part where the wiper bolt screws into or the part inside the assembly?

Thanks
Pete

Hi, Please see pictures of what I mean (attached.)
Thanks
Peter

Attachments

• Sei motor 1.jpg
    Sei motor 1.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 23
Or do I hit it from this side?
I've removed the little circlip and washer from the wiper end.
Is there anything else to remove or loosen?
Thanks
Pete

Attachments

• Sei motor 2.jpg
    Sei motor 2.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 22
OK, please disregard my previous posts, I managed to remove the shaft.

Plugged the stripped motor back to test it with the shaft out but it doesn't turn.....

It just clicks.

Does it need to be fitted to the car boot (for some reason?)

Otherwise, any way I can revive it or

Regards
Peter

Hi,
Thanks.
I don't know if it makes a difference, but I bolted the motor back to the hatch and it worked whereas when it was not bolted on, it didn't. (Maybe needs to be earthed although the bolts are in rubber insulator types bushes, so I'm not sure......)
So, hopefully, it was just seized and I've bouught a new o ring and will put it all back together and see how we get on.

Regards
Peter

All,
OK, it's working fine now.
One point of advice: lubricate the plastic shaft well before pushing it back through the housing as it's a very tight fit and you risk cracking the housing when reassembling. Best to try to press it in with a vice rather than hammering in as the housing is quite brittle.

Peter

Back